Official DCI 2007 Show Announcement Topic

I really doubt this will happen. The Cadets have a history of following a risky show that "flops" (by Cadets standards) with something safe and clean. 86, 87. 89, 90. 91, 92. 99, 00.

I agree. This year really felt a lot like 1986 (staff differences aside) with the wild fluctuations in the energy level and flow of the show.

Yeah...next year means they're due for a title. ^0^

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. This year really felt a lot like 1986 (staff differences aside) with the wild fluctuations in the energy level and flow of the show.

Yeah...next year means they're due for a title. ^0^

considering they had such a young corps with tons of rookies this year, they'll have a very high vet retention rate for next year. Those are always good for scores.

b**bs :worthy: b**bs :worthy: :) :) :) :) b**bs :music::worthy::music::music:

This sounds amazing. Vanguard's show this year was nothing short of spectacular, and I can only think the same will hold true for next year.

A drum corps show based on a musical selections. Who'da thunk it?

Wow... I'm very excited to hear about this show! SCV and the music of Ravel and Respighi will be a great match; and an opportunity for SCV's brass to really show off their incredible technical abilities and overall concept of sound.

Hmm, I realize that this is my first post in here after just reading for several monthes, but...

I was told by an Alumnus of the Cadets that their show this year was a murder mystery. Four characters trying to figure out who killed a person. The "gimmick" is that they have four completely different endings to the show, each with another character being revealed as the murderer. Therefore, any performance could be a completely different show.

Of course that could be completely made up.

Col Mustard, In the Parlor (by the door), with the candlestick

Nah, this is Drum Corps Clue ©! So it would have to be something like: Marc Sylvester, on the corps bus, with a baritone. :P

That'd leave a much bigger mark than a candlestick.

Nah, this is Drum Corps Clue ©! So it would have to be something like: Marc Sylvester, on the corps bus, with a baritone. :P

That'd leave a much bigger mark than a candlestick.

Ya know, the whole "Clue" title for '09 sounds suspiciously like the rumored program for Cadets this year, the whole murder mystery thing with different endings. :music: