DCA..Season ending Withdrawl

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's an off-season? I am obviously not in the right organization. We have a parade and exhibition this coming week plus rehearsals for indoor drumline and starting for 2007. It's a 12 month gig for some of us.

Yea, today both the wife and I got our first envelopes of the season from the friendly folks at NJA.

waiting for mine.

I've been experiancing drum corps withdrawl since childhood. Even fans get withdrawls.

Now I'm not, just a fan, anymore! I may ONLY be in an alumni corps, but I take my responcibility to them very seriously. The same goes for Music Express.

I'm having the best time of my life.

I see this lull as a time to really kick my rehearsing up a knotch so that next year I'll be even better.

Withdrawal? :P

Dealing with DCA 2006 being over by jumping feet first into 2007!

Go To wildwood for a few days out of the week.. Ending with alot of people from the corps coming for dinner and enjoying Bike week.. Nice and relaxing with great friends..

Besides College and Pro Football have started add in Flag football and I am pretty much set for the winter.. :)

Edited by Bond624

This weekend, Barbara and I went to NJ to visit our nephew Chris, his wife Kristen and their lovely daughter Shannon, who's one year old next month. What a doll!!!! They were in from Kansas, where Chris is stationed at Fort Riley, a U.S. Army base.

We had an early birthday party yesterday (Saturday) for the young lady. Caught up with family and some family friends. Unfortunately, watched the Texas Longhorns lose to Ohio State. <**> Despite that one downer, it was nice to be back in the "real world" after drum corps season!

Honestly, I used to get much more of a case of the "drum corps withdrawal blues" when I marched than I do now.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring