DCA..Season ending Withdrawl

O.K. We've all been there and this is pretty much a post DCA post. So what's next? If you'd care to share. How do you/yinz'/youse/ya'll cope after working so hard all year and giving it your ALL for just a few minutes in front of a few thousand fans ('cept saturday). Why do we do this? Why do we come back year after year? Why do we/I beat ourselves up for this activity?

I know why I do it....but please share your thoughts with the rest of the Insane.

(Have to thank my Drum Corps' Family for an Incredable weekend......AGAIN!!)

(Swear I'm gonna' quit....AGAIN..... :huh:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. We've all been there and this is pretty much a post DCA post. So what's next? If you'd care to share. How do you/yinz'/youse/ya'll cope after working so hard all year and giving it your ALL for just a few minutes in front of a few thousand fans ('cept saturday). Why do we do this? Why do we come back year after year? Why do we/I beat ourselves up for this activity?

I know why I do it....but please share your thoughts with the rest of the Insane.

(Have to thank my Drum Corps' Family for an Incredable weekend......AGAIN!!)

(Swear I'm gonna' quit....AGAIN..... :huh:

Whenever some 'thing' has passed on in my life... I've usually already started on the NEXT thing.

No time to be bored. No time to look back. Life is too short.

Whenever some 'thing' has passed on in my life... I've usually already started on the NEXT thing.

No time to be bored. No time to look back. Life is too short.

In Minnesota, we have TREMENDOUS BLAST!!!!

We catch up on family, sleep and house work and especially the yard work. But it is withdrawl week. The corps has a crab feast next weekend, but I do not eat crabs Jersey girl here. So a couple of noneating crab couples are coming down to get one last weekend in the pool before we close it up til next year.

Then it is off to the Pocanos for camping one weekend just enough time to get ready for Plymouth. Nice trip and weekend I get to see the inlaws.

i always find the end of the season in its own way depressing. this year more so because i didn't see so many friends that i only see in the summer. :(

i have a list of things to do around the house and i've already started getting some of them done, but my heart isn't 100% into it today.

maybe tomorrow when i get up things will look a little better ~ but for today i'll allow myself some down time. plus i'd rather be outside on a gorgeous day like today doing "driveway sealer duty" than be inside the bathroom with no windows stripping wallpaper boarders. :P

P.S. ~ we could have used THIS weather LAST Saturday!!! :huh:

Edited by LegalEagle50

Recuperate and make new enem...er, friends on DCP!

Unload the equipment truck!

It was supposed to be here in No. California this morning, which became 6pm, and we're waiting to see when it will actually arrive. When we loaded it for the trip East, it was 9pm, then 12am, then ultimately 2am. And then the stuff arrived late in NY becuase the driver got arrested in Nebraska. Not a good track record here.

But hey, it's a great excuse for yet another drum corps party. :huh:

It was supposed to be here in No. California this morning, which became 6pm, and we're waiting to see when it will actually arrive. When we loaded it for the trip East, it was 9pm, then 12am, then ultimately 2am. And then the stuff arrived late in NY becuase the driver got arrested in Nebraska. Not a good track record here.

LOL!!! Gotta love the truck drama.

You guys were suposed to be unloading that truck the same time my gig stepped off today. Now I'm home watching football with the check in my pocket, and you're still waiting for the truck to show up. :P

I miss you guys! Drink for me!

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

After nursing my lower spine back to health over the week, I'm in full job search mode. That's taking priority over drum corps withdrawal right now.

around 10pm now.. but im gonna be there in a few.. as soon as i can get off of my lazy arse and start to drive!!!!