Actually I'm more than a little amused at the comments about the yardlines (and yeah I missed 'em too) -- but I'll bet there's a lot of us DCA types who marched jr. corps when there was only a 50 and sometimes not even that.

I guess we're getting soft in our old age (ducks and runs)

Yea... I remember those days. When the interval was shoulder to shoulder and the tempo was at most 120 bpm while moving, and we stood still for 5 minutes for a concert number.

No lines make pass thrus difficult at best and dangerous at worst; add in a tempo of 160 bpm with a wind driven rain in your eyes.

I'm just glad there were no major injuries. I know some of you people go to these things just to see someone crash. :rolleyes:

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea... I remember those days. When the interval was shoulder to shoulder and the tempo was at most 120 bpm while moving, and we stood still for 5 minutes for a concert number.

actually I don't remember it that way nor do I recall it being that easy .... but to each his own right?

SoCal Dream: 74.525 (0.4) - bested 4 post corps performances

What seeding issue are you referring to here? We went on first...both days.

Us going on first had nothing to do with beating 4 other corps that went on later...they obviously had worse conditions to deal with than we did, and you can't NOT be affected by it. i saw some of Alliance's prelims vid....had to feel for them, being in the middle of that crud...but them's the breaks. Had SCD made it out in 05, it may have been US who ad to deal with the worsening conditions.

We dealt with it...Alliance dealt with it....White Sabers dealt with it....Govies dealt with it....blah blah blah...

It's been over a month...let it go.

Mods...please close this....it's pointless now.

15,000 views and 375 responses! Who knew a hair could split so many ways?

Rockin'.

This has been completely predictable. Legitimate concerns raised and we get this condescending crap for the east. FYI we were not daunted, we scored the highest score ever achieved by our corps.

legitimate concerns have been noted all 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00

0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times they have been listed. we all know what happened. we all know DCA would be stupid to not have plans in place for next year.

now all we can do is let time take it's course so they can actually have time to make these plans. it's been a ####### month since finals....cut em a little slack for christ's sake.

This is not about Kilties its about negative conditions that werent addressed well by the contest organizers. You are the one that decided to take part of the Kilties motto as a criticism. In any case my corps is not whining about anything, I am no spokesman for my corps anymore than you are. And I dont think you are representing your corps very well either.

For some reason some people find it impossible to separate criticism from who is giving it. Either DCA could have done a better job or they didnt. And its fairly easy to see why some wouldnt want to voice concerns here as they will have their corps labelled as whiners for doing it.

so ok, they didn't...crucify them why dontcha? i am sure they know to have plans in place for next year. take the nails out of their hands and let em down

So lets review, in this thread, I've been called a whiner, a has been, a troublemaker, someone with unreasonable expectations, ........

Meanwhile there's some 10 corps that ONLY got to perform in the middle of a hurricane. Five of those didn't even get a single Jolesch photo taken of their show. And nobody really knows how bad the video will be or when we'll get them. Much less the state of the audio recording.

And then there's the slight performance order/seeding issue.

Corps that beat corps that went on after them at prelims:

SoCal Dream: 74.525 (0.4) - bested 4 post corps performances

White Sabres: 75.50 (0.0) - bested 2 post corps performances

---

Frontier: 80.288 (0.0) - bested 2 post corps performances

Music City Legend: 80.613 (0.0) - bested 2 post corps performances

Kilties: 84.213 (0.0) - bested 2 post corps performances

Hurricanes; 88.263 (0.0) - bested 2 post corps performances

CorpsVets: 87.363 (0.0) - bested 1 post corps performance

Syracuse Brigadiers: 91.063 (0.0) - bested 1 post corps performance

Minnesota Brass, Inc.: 92.50 (0.0) - bested 1 post corps performance

Corps with NO Jolesch Pictures at Prelims of their show:

Govenaires

Sunrisers

Skyliners

Frontier

Music City Legend

Crusaders

Kilties

Carolina Gold

Corpsvets

Hurricanes

Renegades

Brigadiers

Minnesota Brass

Caballeros

Bushwackers

Empire Statesmen

Buccaneers

No Jolesch action shots AT ALL, for the entire weekend:

Sunrisers

Skyliners

Frontier

Crusaders

Kilties

No Jolesch photographs AT ALL:

Kilties

can i ask a serious question?

we know what happened and to whom. we cant change it? what do you want...to get into the wayback machine or hop in the car with Marty McFly and go back in time to fix it?

we can't. accept it. it happened. cant be changed.

also, understand it's been one ####### month since finals, and while i am sure DCA has seen every single complaint........they may not have had time to hop on it just yet for next year, but i'm sure it's on their to do list.

so, do you keep whining and #####ing, or do you allow time to pass and let DCA do their thing?

After reading ALL THE POSTS IN THIS THREAD,all the corps who went on that day faced the wrath of Mother Nature and her son Ernesto. DCA did the best they could. End of story.

Ann

amazingly i agree with you for a change