Can we interpret that as "you're not gonna be marching next year"?

Well, truth be told - I have some serious back problems. Some because of playing of rugby and some from marching with a baritone, some from having chemo for this little breast cancer thang I had a few years ago - wait - FIVE YEARS AGO!!!! Woo hoo - I really am a HERO! Anyway, my lower back is a mess.

I almost didn't make it through finals this year because of my back. So I have to be very careful about making a comittment to a competitive corps next year, because I don't want to stick them with a hole late in the season if my back decides to skitz out.

But that's the beauty of Alumni Corps - I can always still do Bridgemen and Skyliners Alumni. Great people. Great way to learn more about the history of this great activity.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to refute this.

Texas High School Stadium

Of course this is the biggest High School stadium in Texas, and everything is bigger in Texas.

Total Capacity according to this report = 11,000

(Incidentally, there was a DCI show here in late July).

Well I assumed he meant "in the USA"....not the Great Nation of Texas. :P

WOW,,so its our job to tell them how to do thiers???????? :wub::wub::lol::lol:

Jolesch is a proffesional organization.I would think they have covered events in the rain before and knew how to do the job.

They just didnt do the job.Don't know why and don't really care other than the fact that some corps got knocked out of getting action shots. .

My point is that they knew the storm was coming as soon as wed and should have been prepared for it.They were nott and its costing them a bundle.

boo feakin hoo.

Not being prepared for a known weather condition, rickety stands that were, frankly, a danger to stand on, and a photog who insisted loudly that contras haul 35 lb horns up those same now rain-slicked stands (thuns creating a safety concern) is nOT professional behavior..and yes, it's costing them.

Drifting a little OT, but what the heck. For us number junkies.

Based on prelims scores only. If point jumps or drops between seasons continue of equal amount into 2007. Not that any of it has real world applications. Some calculations done in the head, so their might be a tabulator error or two. Some corps without open class scores in '05 or '06 were excluded. Interesting to note that the 11th place corps will be scoring almost an 89. And that 7th to 12th place are seperated by less than a 2 point spread.

2005 -------- 2006 -------- 2007 --------- #####

90.050(07) - 95.325(04) - 100.600(01) - Hawthorne Caballeros

94.413(03) - 96.963(02) -- 99.513(02) - Empire Statesmen

97.475(01) - 97.275(01) -- 97.075(03) - Reading Buccaneers

95.000(02) - 95.363(03) -- 95.726(04) - Bushwackers

92.325(06) - 92.500(05) -- 92.675(05) - Minnesota Brass, Inc.

84.075(10) - 88.263(08) -- 92.451(06) - Connecticut Hurricanes

70.713(16) - 80.288(14) -- 89.863(07) - Frontier

78.588(14) - 84.213(11) -- 89.838(08) - Kilties

85.488(09) - 87.363(09) -- 89.238(09) - CorpsVets

85.588(08) - 87.250(10) -- 88.912(10) - Carolina Gold

93.350(04) - 91.063(06) -- 88.776(11) - Syracuse Brigadiers

92.525(05) - 90.275(07) -- 88.025(12) - San Francisco Renegades

81.625(12) - 82.438(12) -- 83.251(13) - Rochester Crusaders

76.913(15) - 77.700(16) -- 78.487(14) - Sunrisers

80.875(13) - 79.150(15) -- 77.425(15) - New York Skyliners

My appologies for getting sucked into the I know you are but what am I tendancies that are internet forums.

If you don't want it to work, it wont. If you do want it to work, you'll figure it out. If you have no interest in figuring it out, then you're not the man for the job.

i want it figured out. i also want realistic situations that don't backfire on DCA. remember the corps make the $$ on tickets and stuff, and if you have a ton of people wanting refunds, it hurts the corps.

Well, truth be told - I have some serious back problems. Some because of playing of rugby and some from marching with a baritone, some from having chemo for this little breast cancer thang I had a few years ago - wait - FIVE YEARS AGO!!!! Woo hoo - I really am a HERO! Anyway, my lower back is a mess.

I almost didn't make it through finals this year because of my back. So I have to be very careful about making a comittment to a competitive corps next year, because I don't want to stick them with a hole late in the season if my back decides to skitz out.

But that's the beauty of Alumni Corps - I can always still do Bridgemen and Skyliners Alumni. Great people. Great way to learn more about the history of this great activity.

"Go where you wanna go, do whatca wanna do" John Phillips of the Mamas and The Papas. Sara: You are a survivor of that nasty breast cancer. Love ya sister!!!! I wear pink and teal wrist bands.(pink for breast cancer and teal for ovarian cancer). To Dan S: You corps jumped from the Kilts to the MSARP back to the Kilts. Just wondering!!!!

Seems like that corps still gets a shot at the remaining finals spots by competing in prelims. And if they truly deserved one of the higher seedings, that corps should end up as a finalist anyway.

Under your scenario, no one gets srcewed out of finals; maybe screwed out of a BYE to finals.

I didn't say it was a perfect plan!

it isnt because you miss a key thing. you're saying corps 1-7 get a free ride in...based on seedings that can be due to last year's score, someone who is on the bubble could be screwed out because of a seed based on a prior year's score.

All of these accusations and recriminations dont alter one fact, and that is the fact this thread was opened to discuss. The fact is that DCA didnt react well to the conditions at DCA prelims and as a result corps performed in what some have described as the worst condtions they can recall at a DCA Championships, and they did it to largely empty stands. That hopefully is going to result in better preparations for next years championships and hopefully a different perspective on what decisions need to made when the weather goes so far south as it did.

To all of you who think that those of us who who didnt make finals are somehow suckers or whiners or what have you, first of all thanks for showing absolutely no class to people who never said anything bad about your corps and performances. Secondly I look forward to returning the favor some day.

saying DCA didn't react is a stretch dude. I saw many DCA officials huddled constantly on the phone communicating to people and discussing all kinds of things. that the decision they made isn't the one YOU want, you can NOT say they didn't react to it or consider a multitude of options, because they did. I saw them and heard them discuss it, and they weren't shy about it, so anyone up by that box saw and heard things.

maybe they didnt react how YOU wanted them to, but to say they didn't react at all is a huge slap in the face of the entire DCA administration.

Yeah back atcha Ms Hero. Wow. Good luck with your corps jumping.

this aint the CE forum. you wanna play that way, do it there.