Corps Fees?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any corps who require/request that members supply their own horns, or do most supply them ( it's okay if you want to buy/use your own, right?)?

Definitely Dave. Didn't I show you my sop? I own that sop.

Many members at CV own their own horns.

• 4 weeks later...
Chops, Inc. = $195 minus $5 for every year you've marched with them. And we pay for our own shoes (black MTX's for shows, red Chuck Taylors for parades). No extra fee for the trips (DCIC in July, DCA in Sep), although we're sometimes responsible for our own meals. B)

RED CHUCK TAYLOR'S? THAT'S VELVET KNIGHTS.........

Are there any corps who require/request that members supply their own horns, or do most supply them ( it's okay if you want to buy/use your own, right?)?

I know Cabs have a complete set of matched horns that they provide to members.

You should see the release tho. :laugh:

Bush is somewhere around the $300 range, but I wouldn't know exactly because I paid off all of my dues with fundraisers. It's SO easy if you actually DO the fundraisers. I also fundraised my DCA hotel room for me AND my wife.

There are of course, other factors...food on weekends, gas money to and from rehearsals/shows, bus trips, shoes, gloves, etc...

I think THIS year, I'm going to actually save all of my receipts and make a REAL total cost for an entire drum corps season. I've been wanting to do this for years, but I always wind up forgetting.

It's all about the fundraisers though. Don't roll your eyes at the corps meetings when the Yankee Candle fundraiser sheets are passed out (or whatever your corps does)...do them. I know it can tend to get annoying, asking people for money constantly, but go out into your respective towns and hit up local businesses...sometimes you'd be surprised at the support you'll get. :)

Edited by bumo27

Bush is somewhere around the $300 range, but I wouldn't know exactly because I paid off all of my dues with fundraisers.

That gets kinda hard for out of town folks though. But it's not really that big of a deal when you compare the dues to junior corps fees.

OT - Bumo - your avatar makes me retch every time I see your posts. You say interesting stuff but I have to do all kinds of screen shifting just to keep from barfing on my keyboard. How about a nice cute kitten or a picture of you at finals??????

OT - Bumo - your avatar makes me retch every time I see your posts. You say interesting stuff but I have to do all kinds of screen shifting just to keep from barfing on my keyboard. How about a nice cute kitten or a picture of you at finals??????

Seriously, I had to cover that part of the screen with my hand while I was reading your post becuase it was grossing me out.

Seriously, I had to cover that part of the screen with my hand while I was reading your post becuase it was grossing me out.

Me too. I've always wondered if there was some point about it that I "wasn't getting."

Is there?