Corps rivalry

So there is a corps out there that tells you you can't post on an open drum corps forum? I could understand not representing your corps in a derogatory way, but "no posting policy"....what was the last book they burned? Maybe it was the DCA rule book since that can't seem to be found....lol. Seriously though, if they say you can not post period, that is a corps I would walk away from.

From what the corps website says, It does not look like an overall no posting rule, just no negative or corps business on meassge boards, but I do have to agree with Liz, couldn't this just have been asked of a senior member of the corps? although, he probably would've gotten a wise crack answer knowing most of the senior members in said corps. I would've gone their first or posted it as a general question rather than mentioning the 2 corps by name.

Reenie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoops, wrong guy.

--j

Edited by CVQuesty

How come most hurricanes dont like the hawthorne caballeros??? I was a rookie this year and I never understood why.

I'd be willing to bet that over the years, several hurricanes, perhaps a few tropical storms, various tornadoes and maybe even an earthquake or two didn't like the Caballeros, or any other corps, for that matter.

:lolhit:

But seriously, folks.......

Fran

it's mostly just in the heat of competition anymore. there have been a few ugly moments over the years, but for the good of all, they're pretty much done.

it's mostly just in the heat of competition anymore. there have been a few ugly moments over the years, but for the good of all, they're pretty much done.

...........hey, has anyone mentioned one of the greatest of all corps rivalries yet??? Like Archie and Reilly??? Or is this just old smoke from an olde pharte?????

...........hey, has anyone mentioned one of the greatest of all corps rivalries yet??? Like Archie and Reilly??? Or is this just old smoke from an olde pharte?????

LOL as that kicks in an old memory. I had just joined corps and one of my dads friends started talking about a show he saw in the late 50s/early 60s. "Yeah, think they had to turn off the lights 'cause it looked like two of the corps were going to go at it". I thought "Man what am I getting into".

Corps were Archie and Reilly.

DCA in the late 70s: We're lined up for Olympic retreat and Sky is two lines away. As the corps march out we realize Skys members seem to be stomping a certain area of ground. :laugh: When my part of the line gets up there, I see it looks like a Sunriser hat getting the crap stomped out of it. (But hard to tell by the time my back part of the corps get that far.)

also Utica Yankees & St. Joe's, it's a good thing Utica didn't pack weapons!!!!It was always amazing how ###### they got when they didn't beat us and the 5 years I was in Joe's they never did..

Edited by zarblap

It was really fun this year for us RCRers to be so close to Renegades at the beginning of the season. We had a bit of a rivalry going on for a few shows and I have to say it really made us work a #### of a lot harder to improve our show from week to week. I think it was really healthy having someone to gun for at each show.... it helped make us all better musicians and performers.

Jimmy, some of us DO remember...

That could be a thread topic all by itself -- and putting a lot of those stories in print, which, in thinking seriously about it, should be done now. I'm sure John Dowlan (sp?) has a few, and Bob Mowrer up in Lansdale, too...

(BTW, did you see my post/reply to you in the MCL thread?)