Musicals never done before

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, let me put on my NOMEX firesuit.... I think it'd be cool for a corps to do the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and have the fans do the audience participation parts, i.e. squirt guns, cards, newspaper, rice, and the comments. Oh yes..."the comments!" VK maybe?

Next, call me "old-fashioned" but I think Rogers and Hammerstein's "Carousel" would be a wonderful show. But who could play "You'll Never Walk Alone", without stepping on Madison's toes?

I kind of scimmed the thread and can't nobody has mentioned "Grease". Has it even been put on the field? B)

Newsies: yes, another muisical with GREAT music.,..alas, also Disney.
Newsies = Cardinals 1996 & Capital Sound 2000

I'd LOVE to hear/see someone DARE do a respectful version of Victor Victoria. That show has tons of great and diverse music.

• Jazz = "Le Jazz Hot"
  • Latin = The Shady Dame from Seville
  • Haunting Opener = Alone in Paris
  • Ballad = Crazy World
  • Filler = King's Can Can

Next, call me "old-fashioned" but I think Rogers and Hammerstein's "Carousel" would be a wonderful show. But who could play "You'll Never Walk Alone", without stepping on Madison's toes?

OK, you are "old fashioned".... :P

One of my faves of the older shows is "My Fair Lady", but I just don't see it being doable today, at least by a div I corps.

You can call me old fashioned as well (but according to my sources I'm not :blink: ), but maybe chitty chitty bang bang would be cool too.

MikeD- the Cadets could do "My Fair Lady", so long as the gal with the mic portraying Liza Doolittle has a good 'cockney' accent! :P She could go "in" the door a poor, dirty wretch.....and come "out" the door a refined society lady! If you were just a 'little' younger, YOU could be Henry Higgins! b**bs

Some of the ones that I've always thought would be good candidates include:

Will Rogers' Follies: I have always thought the music would work well for the Scouts for some reaosn.

Once On This Island:

Steel Pier (although BD 2005 already did the whole dance marathon thing).

The Music Man: As Iowa's music ambasadors, I believe it is incumbant on the Colts to do the Iowa musical. Shipoopi would be a classic!

Kiss of the Spider Woman: Built in kind of showiness to it.

Jelly's Last Jam -- plenty of jazz and blues going on there.

Five Guy's Named Moe! -- Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby and all the rest would be great.

Oklahoma! -- I especially think the whole dream ballet sequence offers some real good opportunities for visual and musical effect.

That would be "Audrey", not "Shirley.

DOH!!!!! How'd I forget the name of the plant? Voiced by the one and only Levi Stubbs??? (In the movie, at least)

Fran

"Newsies" made a great show for one of my old high school competitors out of Modesto. I'd love to see a corps tackle it.

Newsies was my freshman year show in high school! It was pretty cool.