CAROLINA CROWN 2006

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite music by far in 06 was Crown. I really like these guys/gals. I hope they continue with such a high quality sound.

So maybe I didn't think of what would happen when I used the word "hosed"...my bad.

I guess i should just put it in terms of......I really don't think their drumline should have taken 12th place that night.

In starting this thread, it was no disrespect to BK at all, in fact I think it was right up there on top of the list of awesome shows for 2006. I am thoroughly impressed with what Mark Arnold has done with the Denver crew....

All around, a very good year for drum corps.....

and the brats in Madison were awesome.

I don't believe that saying "Crown got hosed" has anything to do with BK. Sure, BK may happen to be the corps that "overtook" them, but overall I feel that Crown's placement was low, as I personally would have liked to see them 6th or so. Oh well.

Crown has absolutely one of the best brass sounds EVER! and the guard is truly amazing. The guard is well-known, but not enough IMO. If you want to talk about innovation, it's unreal. It makes you want to pick up a broom and go at it. I watch 05 over and over and wish that somehow they would have made the 3rd CD so that I could focus in on them.

Excellent work Crown members and staff, and I'm looking forward to seeing you next year in Pasadena!

Edited by euphguy

I don't believe that saying "Crown got hosed" has anything to do with BK. Sure, BK may happen to be the corps that "overtook" them, but overall I feel that Crown's placement was low, as I personally would have liked to see them 6th or so. Oh well.

Crown has absolutely one of the best brass sounds EVER! and the guard is truly amazing. The guard is well-known, but not enough IMO. If you want to talk about innovation, it's unreal. It makes you want to pick up a broom and go at it. I watch 05 over and over and wish that somehow they would have made the 3rd CD so that I could focus in on them.

Excellent work Crown members and staff, and I'm looking forward to seeing you next year in Pasadena!

Based on what i saw in quarterfinals, i would say crown probably should have gotten 4th, IMO. The sound they produce was phenomenal, so warm. i spoke to a couple people who were able to actually go to finals, and they said crown was amazing. so regardless of their placement, they had a great year, and i think they'll continue moving up in the next year or so.

Based on what i saw in quarterfinals, i would say crown probably should have gotten 4th, IMO. The sound they produce was phenomenal, so warm. i spoke to a couple people who were able to actually go to finals, and they said crown was amazing. so regardless of their placement, they had a great year, and i think they'll continue moving up in the next year or so.

Since when does a corps move up 4 places purely because of their brassline?