Has a judge....

In Crossmen 05, there was one part in Radar love wher the cymbal line(usually Mario) hit a judge about 5 or 6 times throughout the season. Sometimes they just never learn:)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my limited experience, most of the fun with the judges happened during the first tour, or right after major drill re-writes. By August most of the judges had enough reads of the corps that they knew where the big pushes were and when to run for cover.

I still have some old judges tapes where you can hear the judge waxing eloquently about some importance of finishing some phrase, etc. while the drum line rapidly gets louder and louder. . . and then you hear the jugde scream "OH ****! Comin' thru!!"

The end of Star 1991 is pretty amusing with the judge getting baptised by the crazy cross to cross.

Didn't something happen to Charlie Poole at semis in 2003? I seem to recall he got hit pretty badly and had to stop judging the rest of the competition... Anyone?

There is a spot in BD 88 (3rd number "Say Goodbye to Yesterday") it's a standstill formation with leg work .. the judge got tripped by a ran'dejam in the Euph section and fell face first tryin to get through to the guard. Nice work Low Brass!!!

I believe the rules are ......... $20 if you take one out and only $10 if you run them over.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned Madison '96! Towards the end of their show the drumline is on the left side of the field and the horns are on the right. The judge is focused on the snares as they move back and to the right, but what he doesn't see is the lead sops bearing down on him. And in the middle right of the screen you see the lead sop NAIL the drum judge and not even break stride. The judge almost falls down and quickly moves out of the way looking around to make sure he's out of harms way, but he's not out of danger quite yet. Now they are at nearly the end where the color guard gets out the rope "whips" and you see a color guard member run out towards him and reeeeach out with his whip and just miss the judge! You could tell he was going for him because he reached into it and everything. Just imagine if his whip had been just a little bit longer, now that would leave a mark. Ah I love judge hunting!

I'm suprised no one has mentioned Madison '96! Towards the end of their show the drumline is on the left side of the field and the horns are on the right. The judge is focused on the snares as they move back and to the right, but what he doesn't see is the lead sops bearing down on him. And in the middle right of the screen you see the lead sop NAIL the drum judge and not even break stride. The judge almost falls down and quickly moves out of the way looking around to make sure he's out of harms way, but he's not out of danger quite yet. Now they are at nearly the end where the color guard gets out the rope "whips" and you see a color guard member run out towards him and reeeeach out with his whip and just miss the judge! You could tell he was going for him because he reached into it and everything. Just imagine if his whip had been just a little bit longer, now that would leave a mark. Ah I love judge hunting!

I just watched Madison 1996. The drum judge doesn't get hit, he is nowhere near the colourguard at the end, and they are using flags, not whips.

I never hit anyone, but I def thought Albert Lo was gonna die one night. He judges brass. We just started the "cannon" or "round" section of Mirrors (cadets '05). There's pinwheels all over the place and I just happen to be on the end of one. Right as my pinwheel and another one gate open good old Al comes whizzing by me and thru the open gates like....really fast and he had this look of "oops" on his face.

The only thing I could think ot myself was, "Wait a sec...he's not supposed to be here." I was sure he was dead