The best drum corps of all time.

I got to thinking who is the best drum corps around. I don't mean the winningest but the best.

I'm talking tradition, longevity, treating members and staff well, financials and I guess winning as to go into it also.

My first thought was Blue Devils, since they came on so strong in the 70's stayed at the top, have a great booster group with many other groups that the parent organization supports.

My second thought was SCV and third Phantom except for the money issues this year.

For smaller corps I would go for Mandarians, Racine Scouts for longevity alone and maybe Targets.

Your thoughts.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to put the Madison Scouts in there if we are going to talk about dating back to pre-DCI, competitive history, fan base, alumni contribution to the activity, etc.

Madison, SCV, Blue Devils, Cavies, Phantom- in that order.

I got to thinking who is the best drum corps around. I don't mean the winningest but the best.

I'm talking tradition, longevity, treating members and staff well, financials and I guess winning as to go into it also.

My first thought was Blue Devils, since they came on so strong in the 70's stayed at the top, have a great booster group with many other groups that the parent organization supports.

My second thought was SCV and third Phantom except for the money issues this year.

For smaller corps I would go for Mandarians, Racine Scouts for longevity alone and maybe Targets.

Your thoughts.

there were no money issues with Phantom. People made a big deal out of something that did not even affect the corps.