The best drum corps of all time.

i am going to give it up as a tie between the santa clara vanguard and the concord blue devils.

they have been consistant in every aspect, including location.

even if the devils have won more, the topic is not for winningest.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The oldest drum corps still in existence and competing, who is DCI runner up for gold medals, who has innovated the activity into what it was today and will be tomorrow (thanks Zingali). B)

Ehh, maybe the oldest junior corps still competing. I can think of others that are older and still compete or are still around but chose not to compete. I would list some, but I would be depriving some readers of honing research skills. :P

Edited by ravedodger

From Wikipedia: "A drum and bugle corps or drum corps is a musical marching unit consisting of brass instruments, percussion instruments, and color guard."

Don't play this definition game with Drum and Bugle corps, especially on Wikipedia where anyone can change a definition of a small world definition of a summer youth activity...

If you wanna go by that Defintion, the word "only" wasn't used, It say consisting of brass instruments, percussion instruments, and color guard. It didn't say anything exclusion of any other aspect of the activitiy.

Don't play this definition game with Drum and Bugle corps, especially on Wikipedia where anyone can change a definition of a small world definition of a summer youth activity...

Actually, they can't. All content changes to any article are heavily reviewed and revoked if incorrect.

Actually, they can't. All content changes to any article are heavily reviewed and revoked if incorrect.

:wub:

Oh no, Drum and Bugle corps on a massive engine/database for Wikipedia, don't pull a leg, it's not getting critiqued man... haha

It's not the same thing as searching something like the Respiratory System in there...

Name me a drum corps who at one time or another, HASN'T had trouble with MONEY !!! :(

Dutchboy, Freelancers, Cadets, PR, Kingsmen...oh wait. You said "hasn't."

Let me start again.

Maybe Blue Devils? No known money problems anyway.

Oh...and Star!