Macy's Thanksgiving "Parade"

I have marched the Rose Parade four times and each one has been amazing. Last year, if you guys remember, it rained-HARD! We were soaking wet! My gloves were dripping when I pressed down the valves. The ponchos did nothing. We were slipping in the rain soaked horse pies and afterwards we ate soggy In-N-Out burgers on the bus. I'll never forget the next days when we had to clean the uniforms after being left to dry in closed classrooms. The smell was so bad. All in all it was a great experience and I wish that someday an All Star Drum Corps group will march in it. That would be so awesome!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of those guys was Adam Rapa... principal player for Blast!, and a vet from East Coast if I'm not mistaken... anyone confirm?
my buddy brian, TSRTS13 on here, called me earlier just to tell me that he was watching and had seen Adam on there soloing with RCC. Adam not only marched ECJ and Blast, but he also worked with the hornline on occasion when Jeff Bolduc was our caption head. Good guy.

Haha, yep. I must say it was a pretty cool feeling to see somebody that I had been taught by on NBC. Especially when I wasn't expecting it. I was like "Hey, it's RCC. I know a lot of BD drummers come from there. Hey, those are some pretty good trumpet soloists. Hey, that guy looks pretty familiar. Wait, is that Adam Rapa? That is... Sweet"

Representing ECJ pretty well, I would say. It's impressive to be able to still scream in freezing temperatures like that.

ahhhhhhhhhh, but back in olden times they WERE called bugle corps :huh:

Jimbalaya

The Cadets & Bugle Corps ?????? :wub::wub: Geez, can't these announcers say anything right without screwing it up ??

OK - I got my flame suit on now but I think that was their best performance of the year!!! They were great!

In 1994 we had an All-Star Drum Corps that played in the parade that was made up of members from many corps from all divisions, including DCA. It was quite fun, and VERY loud. I have a video somewhere, I'll see if I can get it on youtube.

And several other years as well. I believe this clip is from 1994.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ALpR7wBM34 Enjoy!!

anybody get a video of RCC at the parade or know of one online? I'd really like to see it.

You can find videos from the bon voyage concert [last performance of routine before the parade] and some rehearsals on YouTube. I havent seen the actual televised version anywhere online.

Edited by MalletMusic

OK - I got my flame suit on now but I think that was their best performance of the year!!! They were great!

Not that it makes that much difference, but out of curiosity by "best performance of the year" do you mean of 05 (when the parade actually happened) or 06?

The American marching band today on the parade featured 200 high school kids from around the US who were found to have extraordinary talent and work ethic.

I am VERY proud to say that Tomball High School, where I am a marching instructor, had 7 kids in the group. The most sent from any school.

As in Tomball, TX. I'm from Magnolia.

sorry. OT