Should I go meet George Hopkins this Weekend?

Poll  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Should I go meet George Hopkins this Weekend?

• Yes
    • No

I voted NO on this. I think just showing up UNINVITED to the White Dog because you read it in his blog is beyond poor taste and really creepy.

If you want to sit and chat about Cadets with him, then email him, agree on a time, and take him to the White Dog yourself (or Starbucks if you can't afford the White Dog on a college budget). He's in Philly pretty often, I'm sure you can find a time to chat with him without interrupting his meal.

Let him and the Tx Crossmen people enjoy their meal in peace.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopkins doesn't need stalkers. If he has a private meeting that he has been publically announced....it is still private.
While I agree with you 100%, I would advise George that if he doesn't want to be bothered, he shouldn't announce his private meetings, at least before they happen. Posting it on a blog and knowing he is a contaversial person invites trouble even when we plead for respect and decency. Personally, if I didn't want others to know, I would not post it until after the dinner took place.

That's my advice B)

Edited by DrumCorpsFan27

George said in his Livejournal that he's taking some people to the White Dog Café this weekend, which is about three blocks away from where I go to school (University of Pennsylvania)! Do you think I should go meet him so I can get his autograph and maybe talk about the Cadets a little?

Hey there --- I vote YES!!!!!

You are more than welcome to come ...

Just remember, the WHITE DOG is not a big place and I am not sure what kind of room there is.

But hey --- after all of this, I think everyone should come by!

It is me, a friend, and four folks from Texas including the Crossmen director and his wife.

Feel free ---I think dinner is at 7 pm.

Well, I guess that kind of settles it. :lolhit:

Just remember, the WHITE DOG is not a big place and I am not sure what kind of room there is.

It is me, a friend, and four folks from Texas including the Crossmen director and his wife.

Oh, I just meant for a short, maybe five-minute chat, and to get your autograph. I certainly can't afford to eat there!

Its nice to see you out on the boards every once in a while!

well hell, he all but offered to pay :P

OMG...Hoppy's birthday is the day after mine! eek-1.gif

Edited by garfield_cadets

You should show up in a schoolgirl uniform and ask him for directions :)

"Ask Directions":

Offer to "Pick up the Tab". I bet THAT gets you in the door..... ^0^

Elphaba