Early 2007 Predictions

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a prediction for you. It'll be a great summer. Some corps will rise above the rest. Some will fall by the wayside. Some corps will have good shows. Some won't. Some corps will be entertaining. Some won't. Sometimes it'll rain. In the end, someone will win. And then, we will argue endlessly on this website about who was better than who. And then, as soon as the summer is over, someone will post pointlessly about predictions for next year. They never come true. Can't we just sit back and watch the summer unfold?

But, when in rome...

1. Blue Devils- yay!

2. Cavaliers- good show, not enough

3. Bluecoats- another step to a ring

4. Phantom Regiment- doesn't live up to hype

5. Santa Clara Vanguard- good show but dirty

6. The Cadets- could take it or leave it

7. Carolina Crown- another solid year. may crack top 6

8. Blue Knights- good corps, luke warm show

9. Boston Crusaders- solid year fallen short

10. Spirit of JSU- beginning to make a move

11. Crossmen- the sooner out of YEA, the better.

12. Colts- yay colts!

13. Glassmen- continuing the tradition of unispired drum corps

14. Madison Scouts- may slide further

15. Southwind- good corps, cool show. yellow anyone?

16. Blue Stars- sophomore blues. no pun intended

17. Mandarins- medium at best

18. Pacific Crest- where's my hot dog?

19. Troopers- over- hyped. glad their back, though!

20. Seattle Cascade- see 18

21. Pioneer- same old, same old. great group of kids, same boring show.

22. Esperanza- see 18

22. Kiwanis Kavaliers- see 18

You should seriously cut back on your hot dog intake. Its not good for you. And plus you might see some awesome shows that you never have the priviledge of seeing cause you're always eating.

By the way, making predictions so early in the season, when some corps don't even have a corps yet is whack! <**> Everyone on this thread will be proven wrong-just look at last year's standings and see what I mean......some will fall when not expected and others will rise under everyone's noses...especially this guy's-cause he'll be eating hotdogs all day. :P

This is a joke right? White pants make every speck of dirt show; it's black pants that make corps look clean.

you are correct..white pants do expose dirt....however I said 'baggy' white pants. And not to many corps up in the top wear baggy pants. Cavies, Cadets, BD, Madison, Boston, SCV...to name a few all wear very tight fitting pants. I will agree that black pants can hide some dirt...but baggy pants hides a lot of foot timing, such as 'and-counts'.

Edited by thePerfectbuzz

By the way, making predictions so early in the season, when some corps don't even have a corps yet is whack! Everyone on this thread will be proven wrong-just look at last year's standings and see what I mean

Note to everyone who will no doubt say this exact same thing repeatedly in this thread and other prediction threads:

We KNOW.

We don't CARE.

So let us have our FUN.

K?

1. Phantom (momentum finaly pushes them to another title) :rolleyes:

2. Cadets (never understimate the Cadets) after their 4th place finish in 04 look where they were in 05, those kids are out to prove something. b**bs

3. Cavies ( could be higher, but more than likely wont win)

4. BD ( Not the best BD show, but still very good)

5. SCV ( right were they need to be, coming back strong)

6. Bluecoats ( great corps, great show)

7. Crown ( very good brass, and better drum line)

8. Boston ( strong showing from BAC)

9. Blue knights ( Good show, not as clean as it needs to be)

10. Spirit ( makeing a move) B)

11. Madison ( hopefully they'll do better, but there still the scouts and have a great show)

12. Glassmen( same ole, same ole)/Colts( Its about time they get in on saturday night again)

Note to everyone who will no doubt say this exact same thing repeatedly in this thread and other prediction threads:

We KNOW.

We don't CARE.

So let us have our FUN.

K?

FINE! GO AHEAD! HAVE YOUR STUPID FUN! HAVE FUN TELLING THAT CORPS MEMBER WHO IS MARCHING THIS YEAR THAT THE CORPS THEY LOVE AND ARE EXCITED ABOUT IS YOUR HOT DOG SHOW AND THAT THEY WON'T PLACE WELL! GO AHEAD! I HOPE YOU FEEL REALLY GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF! YOU MAKE ME SICK WITH YOUR PREDICTION FUN AS YOU CALL IT. <**>

FINE! GO AHEAD! HAVE YOUR STUPID FUN! HAVE FUN TELLING THAT CORPS MEMBER WHO IS MARCHING THIS YEAR THAT THE CORPS THEY LOVE AND ARE EXCITED ABOUT IS YOUR HOT DOG SHOW AND THAT THEY WON'T PLACE WELL! GO AHEAD! I HOPE YOU FEEL REALLY GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF! YOU MAKE ME SICK WITH YOUR PREDICTION FUN AS YOU CALL IT. <**>

:rolleyes:

There's no crying in drum corps.

dude, go wash out the sand you got stuck between your legs. "IF I TYPE IN CAPS THEY'LL KNOW I MEAN BUSSINESS, AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!1!!ONE!!!!11111" lmfao

Honestly, I think part of the reason Madison might've had bad audition numbers is the required audition pieces they posted on their website. Check out the audition etude for baritone/euph auditionees: http://www.madisonscouts.org/pages/office/...eBaritoneBC.pdf

The piece is intimidating. And I'm sure there are a lot of people that could play the hardest licks in DCI cleanly that wouldn't be able to play that perfectly at an audition in November. The piece is certainly not impossible, but it's enough that a lot of people that might otherwise audition there would decide not to go. Not to mention that the pieces other corps require for auditions are nothing compared to that one. It's just a theory, but I think a lot of prospective members might've been intimidated and gone to other corps because of it.

Then again, I hope Madison absolutely kicks ### this season. They've always been one of my favorite corps, and I want to see them climb back up into the upper echelon.

Edited by TSRTS13

Honestly, I think part of the reason Madison might've had bad audition numbers is the required audition pieces they posted on their website. Check out the audition etude for baritone/euph auditionees: http://www.madisonscouts.org/pages/office/...eBaritoneBC.pdf

The piece is intimidating. And I'm sure there are a lot of people that could play the hardest licks in DCI cleanly that wouldn't be able to play that perfectly at an audition in November. The piece is certainly not impossible, but it's enough that a lot of people that might otherwise audition there would decide not to go. Not to mention that the pieces other corps require for auditions are nothing compared to that one. It's just a theory, but I think a lot of prospective members might've been intimidated and gone to other corps because of it.

Then again, I hope Madison absolutely kicks ### this season. They've always been one of my favorite corps, and I want to see them climb back up into the upper echelon.

i dont really see that as being a crazy request for an audition, i just sight read through it without much difficulty at all while transposing it on trumpet. and dont go and think im just some crazy good player that expects everyone else to play at a high level. at my corps and university im pretty average, so i dont see what the big deal is