Div I uniforms

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some excellent points made! Go back to the late sixties, early seventies when many of the corps were wearing silk shirts with a cummerbund. Almost ALL had a diagonal stripe across the shirt too. The only difference in MANY corps was the shirt color or perhaps a vest over that silk shirt.

Or cadet tunics...that's why I hate the "cookie-cutter" argument for today's unis....it ignores back int he day when there WERE basically only 2 types.

There are certain ELEMENTS that are common today (shoulder wings, short tunics, etc), but the actual overall designs are much more different.

Due to requests, I've added the non-touring corps to the first post. Capital Regiment, Kiwanis Kavaliers, and The Magic.

Please let me know if anything needs to be corrected on those. Thanks!

PS, I still have a few changes to make on the other guys as well. I'm going to redraw parts of Madison and Mandarins. If anything else needs to be fixed, lemme know. :)

The small square pin on the right side of Magic's uni, isn't part of the uniform. It's just a finals pin traditionally worn only on the last performance.

PS

These are all amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

As an aside: Kiwanis is still in operation and waiting for DCI to give the okay. They're holding a Camp this month and are currently planning on locations, times, etc.

www.kiwaniskavaliers.org

Anyway. Sweet project you're doing. Keep it up.