• No
  3. 3. Will it be held in the Midwest

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this had to be asked already but I'm bored and couldn't think of anything else.

I think it should be no later then 2009 and in the Midwest.

Are we talking about DCA champioships?

I didn't see a option to vote for "when #$!! freezes over." :P :P :P

Are we talking about DCA champioships?

I didn't see a option to vote for "when #$!! freezes over." :P :P :P

Dunno....it sure felt like SOMETHING froze over last year!!

I suspect it'll be held farther south (Winston-Salem, for example) before it heads toward the midwest.....and West Coast? Never happen....'course, they said that about DCI, too....

It will probably be held somewhere in the midwest, although it's harder for DCA than DCI because a lot of members don't have the travel time during the season.

I suspect it'll be held farther south (Winston-Salem, for example) before it heads toward the midwest.....and West Coast? Never happen....'course, they said that about DCI, too....

I wish...but I think W-S is out of the question, especially after the failed bid.

With the addition of MCL. And it looks like Cleveland with North Coast Rock. Either place would make a good first shot out of the Northeast. MCL being further along. If the DCA-South does really well that will help. They seem to be well organized and rise higher every year at the championships.

CorpsVets, (a well organized, Open Class top 10, high quality unit) might be able to get it in the Atlanta area as a possiblility. Maybe they could get together with Alliance (a top Class A unit) and put a bid in.

Being over the long Labor Day week end the Corps would all have time to go At Least that far. Travel costs would be the biggest problem. But, for a National/World Title, they should be willing to do what many of the New, West - Centeral - and South Corps have been doing for years now.

Besides, the VFW and American Legion had Nationals before DCA. I know that Corps like Rochester Crusaders, Hawthorne Caballeros, New York Skyliners, Reading Buccaneers, and CT. Hurricanes (just to name a few), have all won National Titles in some pretty far off places. Like, Miami, Los Angales, New Orleans, Atlanta, Dallas, Minnieapolis and Portland, Oregon. And all of those were during the time when all were SENIOR only Corps. So it is not Impossible for these Corps to travel to a Big Title show now.

(I can see where staying "Week-end Only" needs to be kept. Staying Regional for most of all other contests. Having adults with jobs and families to maintain and all.)

I wish...but I think W-S is out of the question, especially after the failed bid.

I agree,,they spent a LOT of money submitting a bid only to get it rejected for some of the same issues Rochester has.

But thats old news,,TIme to go practice some more. :P

IMO, my guess is the first region to formally become a region, DCA-S, will be the ones to get it.