Cadets camp

Just in case anyone on here is looking for actual Drum Corps news, I spent yesterday at Cadets camp. This corps is re-energized, re-focused and on purpose, big time! I was able to see them put the entire opener (4 plus minutes) together with brass and percussion for the first time. WOW, this is vintage Cadets!!!!!!! Emotional, powerful, intense, dynamic, millions of notes, extremely difficult and quite frankly the stuff that makes your jaw drop! This corps is quickly putting last season behind them and moving forward in a big way. It's too early to make predictions, but I will say if they continue in the direction they are currently headed, they will be a contender come this summer. Any Cadets fans that had concerns about how the corps would bounce back after last year can rest easy, the Cadets are alive and very well. :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome. :)

I'm probably going to end up auditioning for the Cadets for 2008 (moving to the east coast for college), so I really want to see them bounce back nicely. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing their show in Pasadena, probably more than any other corps except maybe SCV.

Any Cadets fans that had concerns about how the corps would bounce back after last year can rest easy, the Cadets are alive and very well. :)

One thing you can say about the Cadets- they pretty much ALWAYS bounce back from a "down year"

Brass numbers still low ?

I wouldn't say the brass numbers are low. The level of difficulty of the brass book and marching abilities will require proficiency at least at the level of 2005 if not higher. I don't believe brass section is locked down yet..especially with a large number missing the camp due to bowl game commitments. Per Hop's blog...

But --I have 20 horn players in bowl games.

YIKES!!!

We still need led sops. We are just not settling this year.

I heard that they might need some mellophones, I believe. Is that true? and another question, how much music demand is there? more than usual?

I wouldn't say the brass numbers are low. The level of difficulty of the brass book and marching abilities will require proficiency at least at the level of 2005 if not higher. I don't believe brass section is locked down yet..especially with a large number missing the camp due to bowl game commitments. Per Hop's blog...

But --I have 20 horn players in bowl games.

YIKES!!!

We still need led sops. We are just not settling this year.

when was the last time cadets needed lead trumpets /sops and mellos.

1979 ? :worthy::rock::rock::huh:

When was the last time the Cadets really had a "down" year.

You know your organization has been doing well when 5th place is considered a "down" year, I'd say.

Just in case anyone on here is looking for actual Drum Corps news, I spent yesterday at Cadets camp. This corps is re-energized, re-focused and on purpose, big time! I was able to see them put the entire opener (4 plus minutes) together with brass and percussion for the first time. WOW, this is vintage Cadets!!!!!!! Emotional, powerful, intense, dynamic, millions of notes, extremely difficult and quite frankly the stuff that makes your jaw drop! This corps is quickly putting last season behind them and moving forward in a big way. It's too early to make predictions, but I will say if they continue in the direction they are currently headed, they will be a contender come this summer. Any Cadets fans that had concerns about how the corps would bounce back after last year can rest easy, the Cadets are alive and very well. :)
The Cadets are "re-focused"? Have they EVER lost their focus? Since when does 5th place in the DCI equate to failure? They're not the Yankees, 'ya know!! As for playing "millions of notes"..sometimes it's the notes you DON'T play that makes the difference.