DCI Rule Proposals are up

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 more moronic and dumbing down reasons not to go see a junior corps show.

On the other hand - I had a blast at DCA last year, and so did my family. So much so that two of us are marching this year (see avatar!)

On the other hand - I had a blast at DCA last year, and so did my family. So much so that two of us are marching this year (see avatar!)

That's seems to be the area of greatest entertainment value while deciding what is best for ALL corps instead of just the few at the top like the juniors are doing. They are going to put themselves out of existance at the rate they are going.

11 more moronic and dumbing down reasons not to go see a junior corps show.

That's seems to be the area of greatest entertainment value while deciding what is best for ALL corps instead of just the few at the top like the juniors are doing. They are going to put themselves out of existance at the rate they are going.

And yet here you are, posting in the junior forum. If juniors are moronic and dumb, go haunt the senior circuit.

Edited by drumcat

Be a while until I plow thru all this. :doh:

A 10-15% percent increase in corps size with the ???% increase in cost to supply the extra marchers. Just how many ####### corps are hitting break even point now? Not to mention the cost of the extra electronic toys and rigs to carry the toys and equipment for the 15 extra marchers.

Predict in another 10-15 years there will be two groups of Div I corps traveling together to share costs. Same corps will be at the same shows in the first half of the season. At mid-season there will be a "shuffle". Then new groupings will travel together until DCI.

Predict in 15-20 years all Div I corps left will travel together and almost all shows will be "Regionals".

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Actually I think DCI will continue, but the fan base will be more band kids and less old farts, and a decimated div 2-3. At that point maybe they will change the name to "Summer Band International" - it would be more honest.

Goodness, if you want to talk up DCA and berate everything DCI in every post, why not just include it in your signature, and save the time. You hate the rules proposals and everything about DCI in general. No need to say it more than once in a thread. :doh: