DCA:THE VOTE

The "right thing" evolves as the current situation changes. That is why they have these Rules Congresses every two years and not just once a decade. If something is not working for a majority of the voting members, it will most likely change at the next Congress.

We will never all agree on what is right. A majority system with consideration of the minority is the best we can do.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, who'll pay what for video of the meeting?

:P

Accepting bids here.

JUST KIDDING!!!!

I'm going, but in the role of driver for Mrs. Haring, who has some I&E business to attend to..... so there will be no note-taking, videotaping, etc., on my part. My main goal is to find a TV to watch the Ravens game Saturday afternoon, and a decent place for dinner Saturday night. :)

Fran

A majority system with consideration of the minority is the best we can do.

The irony in this case, is that the minority is trying to become the majority by simply reducing the number of members that comprise the group. One would think that with substantial growth would come an INCREASE in the number of voting members, not a REDUCTION. :laugh:

I hope cooler and smarter heads prevail, but I've seen what happens in an organization when emotion over takes common sense... the results are not good.

I hope common sense will prevail...

Ryan J

One would think that with substantial growth would come an INCREASE in the number of voting members, not a REDUCTION. :rock:

VERY WELL SAID! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

...My main goal is to find a TV to watch the Ravens game Saturday afternoon, and a decent place for dinner Saturday night. :)

Fran, I trust you will take it upon yourself to interrupt us from time-to-time with score updates? As you can imagine, I have my own reasons for wanting to know!

Accepting bids here.

JUST KIDDING!!!!

I'm going, but in the role of driver for Mrs. Haring, who has some I&E business to attend to..... so there will be no note-taking, videotaping, etc., on my part. My main goal is to find a TV to watch the Ravens game Saturday afternoon, and a decent place for dinner Saturday night. :)

Fran

Fran,

Just a small suggestion....

You can go just about anywhere you'd like for dinner - EXCEPT IF YOU'RE WEARING ONE OF THOSE ###### SHIRTS OF YOURS!!!

If you're wearing one of those shirts, then the best you can do will be the MacDonald's drive-thru.

Andy

Wow Great minds :P

Thanks for clearing up my 6th grade education. :P :P :P :P

FWIW I like your post better than mine. B)

Ewww....just in case you misunderstood, I wasn't chaning your post b/c I I was being snarky and saying you're dumb... I was just being snarky in general. I meant no offense. (if offense was taken......) :sshh:

Fran, I trust you will take it upon yourself to interrupt us from time-to-time with score updates? As you can imagine, I have my own reasons for wanting to know!

Hmmmmm.....

(Picturing myself running into a closed meeting yelling "Ravens 13, Colts 0 at the half.... WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!!!".... then picturing the next order of business at the meeting being a vote to ban me from all future meetings..... b**bs )

Fran

Ewww....just in case you misunderstood, I wasn't chaning your post b/c I I was being snarky and saying you're dumb... I was just being snarky in general. I meant no offense. (if offense was taken......) :sshh:
its all good.