DCA:THE VOTE

I am looking forward to the vote. I must commend several corps for doing well thought out proposals, and I am looking forward to the weekend. Some great suggestions, some I don't agree with, some I do, but I have my notes, have done my research, and ready to enter the weekend with an open mind.

I wish we had a vote this year, but a circumstance with another corps not being able to attend a show cost us our vote. Not blaming the corps, but I do hope at the end of the day we can come to the table with a better understanding of how to continue to make DCA grow and remain strong as well as not penalize corps simply for where they are located and the proximity to other corps of their nature.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So an new organization (corps) of 40 members from somewhere(anywhere) should get the same vote power as The Empire Statesmen (or Brigadiers, Cabs, Bucs, MBI, Corpsvets...) in the direction and rules of DCA?... Is this equal representation of membership/people/alumni/resources/fans' interests? Certainly not.

Right now as the rule stands it rewards corps for both participation and placement.

The proposed rule eliminates any reward(vote)for multiple participation.

It my feeling that if this rule passes,,you will see corps doing less and less and shows.The number of shows will go down.DCA will lose.

Its a win win situation for DCA to keep the current system.

I honestly believe that ALL Corps should have a vote. (That is every corps that has paid their dues, membership fees and attended The Championships.)

BUT

I also feel that every corps that makes the Top 12 Open and Top 3 A Class, should get another vote. Then every corps that has been a member for at least 5 or 8 or 10 (whatever amount) continus years should get another vote.

I think that would make everyone feel like a Full Member, Reward Quality(top 12 open, top 3 A class) AND maintain Stability .

So corps like Empire,Bucks etc, would get 3 votes. NY Sky, Kilts etc 2 votes, all other newer, non finalist 1 vote.

:worthy::lol::lol:

Pay Dues - become a member (how is it you pay membership fees/dues and not be considered a member corps?)

Get one vote

Tenure

Get one vote

Finalist (or top 12 top 3 as above)

Get extra vote for the following year

That sounds like a logical way.

Edited by Just Another Sop

:doh::doh::doh:

Pay Dues - become a member (how is it you pay membership fees/dues and not be considered a member corps?)

Get one vote

Tenure

Get one vote

Finalist (or top 12 top 3 as above)

Get extra vote for the following year

That sounds like a logical way.

That sound pretty good to me.

What about Class A? Should the corps who win the other division have an extra vote as well?

YES! to the above!

If I was a attending the meeting as a corps rep. This would be MY Amendment. To the rule.

I honestly believe that ALL Corps should have a vote. (That is every corps that has paid their Membership Fees, Dues, etc., and Attended The Annual Championships.) One Vote

BUT

I also feel that every corps that makes the Top 12 Open (Top 10 finalist plus 2) - AND - the Top 3 A Class Finalist, should get another vote.

Then every corps that has been a member for at least 5 or 8 or 10 (whatever amount) continus years should get another vote.

I think that would make everyone feel like a Full Member. Reward Quality(top 12 open, top 3 A class).

AND maintain Stability .

(For example in Open Class - Empire,Bucks etc, would get 3 votes. NY Sky, Kilts etc 2 votes, all other newer, non finalist 1 vote.)

Edited by LucysSkylinerAlumni

Did the vote come up today?Anyone heard anything?