DCA:THE VOTE

This is the one that is most restrictive and potentially stifling for groups trying to get off the ground.

"Corps now need to have at least 35 performers (excluding majors and honor guard) on the field in order to compete."

This leaves a gap of 14 members between a mini corps and a field competitive corps. And I don't know how many Govenaires had on the field as champion but they must have been close. Just adds another headache to my life.

Gee didn't 30 members create so much growth for existing small and emerging DCI corps :worthy:

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of the growth that is joining the DCA family is coming out of the south and the west.

IF this new rule is true it just means that we have to trim our numbers down to 21 or beef them up to 35.

Whatever the rules are we will rise to them.WE will fund raise harder,we will work harder and we will play harder.

Time to go practice more B)

Edited by camel lips

This is the one that is most restrictive and potentially stifling for groups trying to get off the ground.

"Corps now need to have at least 35 performers (excluding majors and honor guard) on the field in order to compete."

This leaves a gap of 14 members between a mini corps and a field competitive corps. And I don't know how many Govenaires had on the field as champion but they must have been close. Just adds another headache to my life.

If DCI had had this rule in effect years ago, we would've never seen Mandarins win Div III with 8 horns on the field.

If I recall correctly, DCI has a 30 member rule.

Two things about above previous posts:

1.No one in DCA is "hiding" or "ashamed" of posting new or updated rules from this weekend. There were close to 120 proposals on the table, and Donna as the PUBLIC RELATIONS person for DCA will be posting the outcome of this meeting very very soon. Please Be patient.

2. The minimum rule is the same number for performing memmbers as the DCI's rule. 35 members.

PSA ended.....Thank you..

now back to to your regularly scheduled rerun of "Bewitched".

(ps - no blood was shed in a room in Newark!!)

Edited by hurcwave

Well I guess the "DRAMA" continues. The meetings are over. :sshh: Everyone "Sworn to Secrecy", till the "Official" notice is released.

Only Drama I see is the crapola and ASSumptions being spewed here..........

see post below :worthy:

Edited by camel lips

www.dcacorps.org

2007 Rules Congress Concludes

Nearly two dozen drum corps were represented at the biennial Rules Congress, held January 13-14 in Newark, NJ. According to DCA Secretary Glen Johnson, many proposals were offered, but fans will notice very little change. "Most of the proposals were administrative in nature, with many of them being nearly identical. Those differences were worked out to arrive at consensus. Adoption of some proposals necessitated the withdrawal of others and so forth, so the large volume of paper was reduced fairly quickly. Only three proposals were actually targeted at changing competitive rules, and only one of them survived caucus discussions and made it to the floor for a vote" he said.

A proposal that would have completely redesigned the brass sheets was not recommended by the brass caucus. Likewise, a proposal that would have allowed amplification of pit percussion instruments did not survive the percussion caucus, so no action was taken on them by the directors.

Some changes:

Corps now need to have at least 35 performers (excluding majors and honor guard) on the field in order to compete.

Corps will be seeded in prelims based on their highest score in the month of August.

The maximum number of valves on a brass instrument considered legal for competition was increased from 3 to 4.

Most other changes were administrative in nature, regarding membership, clarification of existing regulations, fee structures, use of fields, and the like. DCA intends to produce a "Rules of Competition" book that would be made available to the public some time this season.

Some changes???

How about announcing that the top 10 rule did pass.

Edited by camel lips