DCA:All age all good

adimage.jpg

I just love this photo that DCA is using.

Best marketing I have seen to date.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'd be Greg Hiniker, crankin' out his "Freebird" solo for Chops in 2005 pictured on the left.

Awesome.

dig it.

Agreed! Great promotion. When you consider the expansion of the senior corps activity over the past 5 years and that many senior corps accept members under 21 years old, these kids now have a lot more options besides a DCI corps to march. Of coruse we all hope that they hook up with senior corps after they age out of DCI. :doh:

Fred Windish, former DCA PR director, is the one who coined the phrase "All-age, All Good," using it as the title of his numerous columns here on DCP. I was proud to be associated with Fred in helping to market DCA.

I'm not sure who incorporated the Greg Hiniker silhouette into the graphic, but I do agree it is a marvelous marketing aid. I've always felt the Chops soloist was a perfect choice -- Looking to the recent history and future of DCA. Windish and Glen Johnson would know something about that.

who's the chick? she's hot!

Is it on the website? I just went there and didn't see it!

The banner is one-of-three that we've run on the DCP main site since last spring, as part of our partnership with DCA. The image Ed included in his original post has been the 'most popular' of the three - generating about 45% of the click-thrus to the DCA site.

Fred Windish, former DCA PR director, is the one who coined the phrase "All-age, All Good," using it as the title of his numerous columns here on DCP. I was proud to be associated with Fred in helping to market DCA.

I'm not sure who incorporated the Greg Hiniker silhouette into the graphic, but I do agree it is a marvelous marketing aid. I've always felt the Chops soloist was a perfect choice -- Looking to the recent history and future of DCA. Windish and Glen Johnson would know something about that.

i agree Ed, whoever designed that gets an award

Yes - the banner had its genesis with Fred Windish, who provided the photos and concept to the graphic artists that actually designed the final image .... Nicole Bratt and Laura Johnston-Bratt of DesignAura. I believe the intent was to give the image a 'bit of an edge' ... which certainly seemed to catch people's eye (according to our statistics).

Jeff - I couldn't agree more with your comment about an award. Then again, I'm slightly biased - as Nicole and Laura are also DCP's graphic designers and have been responsible for designing our logos, masthead banners, our print adverts, color schemes, and helping us get the DCP/MBP/DCPI 'look' together. The vast majority of the comments that I've received about the sites' look have been VERY positive.

The combination of Fred's vision of "All Age - All Good" and DesignAura's brilliant graphic designs produced a great image for DCA, in my opinion. You may also be interested in knowing that this was the same team (Fred and DesignAura) that designed and produced the 2006 DCA World Championship Program and Yearbook - which got *RAVE* reviews when it debuted last September.

-john