"Everybody's So Serious Today"

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

Edited by raphael18

Drum corps is about entertainment and entertainment only. Keep your pretentious ideals of artistry and the white collar out of drum corps!!!

b**bs

pwnt.

Bb horns are better than G! OMGGGGGZZZZ!!!1!!111!one!!!!one!!!!!!!onehundredeleven!!

~>conner

Drum corps is about entertainment and entertainment only. Keep your pretentious ideals of artistry and the white collar out of drum corps!!!

There has to be a level of seriousness to a show in my opinion. But there should be a balance between it and entertainment, I never said it isnt totally about entertainment. I just wouldnt want to march a show and spend all summer on it plainly for entertainment. Entertainment is not a hard thing to put into a show and usually isnt hard to pull off. I guess it all depends what you think entertainment is. If I see a show that has no gimicks and is just incredible drill and great music, thats entertaining to me.

There has to be a level of seriousness to a show in my opinion. But there should be a balance between it and entertainment, I never said it isnt totally about entertainment. I just wouldnt want to march a show and spend all summer on it plainly for entertainment. Entertainment is not a hard thing to put into a show and usually isnt hard to pull off. I guess it all depends what you think entertainment is. If I see a show that has no gimicks and is just incredible drill and great music, thats entertaining to me.

I think you're missing the extreme sarcasm that has been used in both of his posts.

~>conner

So we should just simply give up complexity and focus on half notes and whole notes, and just play loud?

If that's a slam on what was done when I marched then you are also slamming what your Uncle Jeffrey did back in the day as we marched the same time.

My Uncle Jeffrey marched snare back in the late 70's, was at the same show with my mom, and he can't believe how entertaining the shows were.

Mom and uncle J, hope you are reading this. This guy thinks you just don't get it.

Where did I say that 70s members can't get todays shows? And where did I say that todays shows are not entertaining? If you're going to twist my words you might at least put more effort into it. <**>

Edit: In my original post I said "totally get". Meaning people who are not music majors or totally versed in the music being played today will miss a lot of nuances of the shows. And that includes little ol' non-music major me.

Jeez, some poeple are so thin skinned you can't compare the past and today without them getting a bug up their butt. And notice in my post I did NOT slam either era.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

:doh::wub::beer:

I agree 100%. For once, you and I agree!

Edited by Hrothgar15