Favorite Stadiums

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw something pretty sweet during the break in Madison last season at semifinals. I was checking out the sovie booths and heard some noise. There was a frat house with a bunch of druck college students cheering on the corps as they marched by to line up to perform. They were even calling the corps by name.....pretty sweet!!!! :angry:

Quite the varied response.

My favorite place to both perform and watch was Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City.

What a great facility.

As far as I know they never hosted a show again after Finals in 89

Its a shame. Its a great facility with miles and miles of parking and warm up.

I am assuming (probably incorrectly) that most of the people posting to this thread were not there in 88 or 89 or it would really have stuck out. It really was heads above most other sites.

I agree with you 100%. I performed there in 88 and was a spectator in 89. That was a great venue for both perspectives. I also love Invesco - another fantastic stadium from a spectator's persepctive.

My favorite place to both perform and watch was Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City.

What a great facility.

As far as I know they never hosted a show again after Finals in 89

Its a shame. Its a great facility with miles and miles of parking and warm up.

I am assuming (probably incorrectly) that most of the people posting to this thread were not there in 88 or 89 or it would really have stuck out. It really was heads above most other sites.

I liked Arrowhead, it's where I marched my last show. But it doesn't mean as much as the other spots to me.

Bristol RI (love everything and everyone except the GRASS)

Ugh... now imagine going on first in the show and marching on that grass before the other corps have patted it down some. Terrible.

I liked the old Beverly stadium, and the Manning Bowl was cool just because all of the history (though the acoustics kind of suck). I liked performing in Madison, but it was kind of a long walk from our warm-up site to the stadium. It's fun being in Michigan City, IN with the crowd right on top of you.

I don't know, those are all as performers though. I haven't seen enough shows live to know where my fav. places to see shows are.

I loved performing at Byrd Stadium at U of MD in 2000.

I hated performing at the Manning Bowl in Massachussetts in 2000.

As far as spectating goes, Buffalo in 2001 was great, IMO.

Let's get one thing straight - there have been two finals in Foxboro at two different stadiums.

1994 was at Foxboro (formerly Schaeffer) Stadium. Great crowd - right on top of the corps. Watched semi-finals from 30 rows up on the 40 yard line. Perfect sound and sight lines. Not enough concession stands, though.

Gillette Stadium in Foxboro where finals were in 2005 is the WORST!!! Terribly expensive, rude employees, the field was in horrible shape, they sold seats where they shouldn't have (I almost got swallowed whole by a moth!), I heard there was a service elevator that rang loudly and was clearly heard from the premium seats. I could go on and on...

Orlando was pretty bad (no beer at the concession stands? You gotta be kiddin' me!!)

Don't like Whitewater (ducks stuff being hurled)

Too many mosquitos!!!

LOVED Manning Bowl because of the excitement of the World Open. Never won it, but just seeing all those corps and busses and fans, MAN!