Cadets Narration 2007

How blind. Its a fact Phantom told their story better than Cadets, proof ?? Its called crowd response and connection with the audience. Case closed.

~G~

False - the cadets shows the past two years have been designed with the intent of denying the audience appropriate time to respond or cheer in the traditional sense. This is not a new concept, nor were the Cadets in 2006 the best at it. There is however no denying the fact that this was an intentional show design decision. Telling a story is not the same thing as crowd response, and the 2 are not directly proportional. Honestly, I've been reading DCP for quite some time, and i used to enjoy your posts and respect your opinion G, but your recent activity on any forum regarding the cadets or amplification has been pompous, illogical, and frankly dissapointing, as perhaps is evidenced by the overwhelming number of people disagreeing with you or downright ignoring you. Im sure you dont care, but it is just MHO, and a sincere one at that.

- for the record, I agree that the crowd response for the show in question was very disapointing, and I also am 99% against vocal narration...just to give this all some perspective

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For stating my opinion?

No, for falling down right in love with the Cadets' show, but within a moment of a rumor of narration, you take back everything you have been hyping and rooting for in the past month (remember your old signature??? I sure do!), and decide that it doesn't sound like a very good show. That is fickle. The Roman public was too w/Caesar. All they needed was the word and BAM! they changed their minds.

No, for falling down right in love with the Cadets' show, but within a moment of a rumor of narration, you take back everything you have been hyping and rooting for in the past month (remember your old signature??? I sure do!), and decide that it doesn't sound like a very good show. That is fickle. The Roman public was too w/Caesar. All they needed was the word and BAM! they changed their minds.

When they released those clips, that was when I was assuming they were not going to be including narration. Narration ruins a drum corps show for me. It's as simple as that. Now I hope the show is the worst that it can be music-wise and drill-wise, so not that much is wasted.

Honestly, I've been reading DCP for quite some time, and i used to enjoy your posts and respect your opinion G, but your recent activity on any forum regarding the cadets or amplification has been pompous, illogical, and frankly dissapointing, as perhaps is evidenced by the overwhelming number of people disagreeing with you or downright ignoring you. Im sure you dont care, but it is just MHO, and a sincere one at that.

If you read for quite some time, then you know to take personal conversations to PM ....and this is the only forum I post to now and then in the off-season. Yes, you and five or ten others amongst thousands.

And yes, I dont care. DCP is DCP .....reality is so much more fufilling.

~G~

Pompous, illogical, and disapointing, your opinion is noted !!

I like how they did the narration in the Winnie The Pooh cartoons......."Who's that?"......"That's the narrator" Yeah. Cadets could do something like that. Deep in the hundred acre wood.

When they released those clips, that was when I was assuming they were not going to be including narration. Narration ruins a drum corps show for me. It's as simple as that. Now I hope the show is the worst that it can be music-wise and drill-wise, so not that much is wasted.

Avoid the word fickle all you want. You even wanted to meet with George Hopkins to get his autograph... now you are wishing him and his corps a summer of hell. Classy.

If you read for quite some time, then you know to take personal conversations to PM ....and this is the only forum I post to now and then in the off-season. Yes, you and five or ten others amongst thousands.

And yes, I dont care. DCP is DCP .....reality is so much more fufilling.

~G~

Pompous, illogical, and disapointing, your opinion is noted !!

The PM thing is noted, but it was a small part of a much more relative post. I felt it was fine, and that the opinion was shared enough to be public. If the PM rule was relavent in this case you would have responded to me via that.

Hmm, 99.15+all winning/some perfect captions=crap.

I don't rely on a number to tell me what I enjoy, and I feel bad for the people that do. The number shows that they achieved their goal with one community, but happily - I am not a member of the judging community and am free to develop my own standards.

The point is well received, and it gets some respect for that achievement, but in the end it joins a several other championship shows that did nothing for me.

I don't rely on a number to tell me what I enjoy, and I feel bad for the people that do. The number shows that they achieved their goal with one community, but happily - I am not a member of the judging community and am free to develop my own standards.

The point is well received, and it gets some respect for that achievement, but in the end it joins a several other championship shows that did nothing for me.

If you're implying I rely on numbers, you are severely incorrect. However, I love, admire, and appreciate The Zone 1, and fully believe the members earned every single score they recieved. To say any show that, for the most part, is regarded as clean and greatly performed as that show, is crap, is only said due to personal biases and dislikes for the show.

Oh no, I apologize if that's what you took from that - definately not meant to go back at you. It was meant to reference that some people do however base their appreciation of a show on the numbers.

Again, you loved it - that's awesome. I recognize that it was performed exceedingly well, but it's not on any of my playlists and I don't plan to watch it again of my own free will any time soon. I'm not saying that my personal preferences are best for everyone, just that stating the score a show got is a weak argument for greatness (though, it is not entirely invalid).