What do the Colts, Bears and the Cabs have in common?

Not the Indianapolis Colts in 1970. It was the Baltimore Colts. Big difference.

Absolutely.

I moved to Baltimore in 1991.....several years after the Colts pulled up stakes and left for Indy..... so I honestly have no feelings one way or the other toward the Colts (well....being a Jets fan, I DID root against them in Super Bowl 3....LOL)

And I actually am glad that Peyton Manning has finally made it to the Super Bowl. He's a class act.

But man... a whole bunch of Baltimore "old-timers" HATE the Indianapolis Colts.

Hindsight is always 20-20..... but IMO, when the Colts moved to Indianapolis in 1984, the NFL should have required the Indy team to start over with a new name and new colors.... and left the Colts' name, colors and team records in Baltimore.

We have our own team here now..... the Ravens. But for a number of Baltimoreans, it'll never be the same.

So I guess that's one thing the Caballeros and Colts DON'T have in common.... the Cabs have never pulled the moving vans up to Post 199 in the middle of the night and left for another town!!!!

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely.

I moved to Baltimore in 1991.....several years after the Colts pulled up stakes and left for Indy. ...so I honestly have no feelings one way or the other toward the Colts (well....being a Jets fan, I DID root against them in Super Bowl 3....LOL)

And I actually am glad that Peyton Manning has finally made it to the Super Bowl. He's a class act.

But man... But man, a whole bunch of Baltimore "old-timers" HATE the Indianapolis Colts.

Hindsight is always 20-20..... but IMO, when the Colts moved to Indianapolis in 1984, the NFL should have required the Indy team to start over with a new name and new colors.... and left the Colts' name, colors and team records in Baltimore.

We have our own team here now..... the Ravens. But for a number of Baltimoreans, it'll never be the same.

So I guess that's one thing the Caballeros and Colts DON'T have in common.... the Cabs have never pulled the moving vans up to Post 199 in the middle of the night and left for another town!!!!

Fran

That is the absolute truth.

The night that Isray and Co. drove the moving vans out of Baltimore and stole the Colts will never be forgotten by some.

Edited by SaraNYC

Absolutely.

I moved to Baltimore in 1991.....several years after the Colts pulled up stakes and left for Indy. ...so I honestly have no feelings one way or the other toward the Colts (well....being a Jets fan, I DID root against them in Super Bowl 3....LOL)

But man... But man, a whole bunch of Baltimore "old-timers" HATE the Indianapolis Colts.

Fran

Does the name...Cleveland Browns ring a familiar bell? Art ####### Model?

Back to our original programming. B)

Well, technically this super bowl is for the 2006 season.

Does the name...Cleveland Browns ring a familiar bell? Art ####### Model?

Back to our original programming. B)

The city of Cleveland was allowed to keep the Browns name, team colors and records to start over again with an expansion franchise.

In the early '90's, when the NFL expanded by adding two teams, Baltimore's bid for a team was by far the best on the table...... the bids from the other contenders weren't even close.

But no matter how good Baltimore's bid was, Paul Tagliabue and Washington Redskins owner Jack Kent Cooke, among others, did not want to see a team in Baltimore. So they expanded to Charlotte (Carolina Panthers) and Jacksonville (Jaguars) instead.

Spurned by the NFL (Tagliabue even suggested that Baltimore "build a museum" instead of seeking an NFL franchise), Baltimore went shopping for an established team... and eventually landed the one from Cleveland. I agree with you.... it was not the most honorable thing to do.... but like I said, at least Cleveland was allowed keep the Browns' history intact. Baltimore never got that chance with the Colts.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

Well, technically this super bowl is for the 2006 season.

Geez, whats with all this "techically" talk.

Doesn't anyone remember laughter?

Doesn't anyone remember laughter?

I do!!!! I do!!!!! LOL

You're right.... way too serious here.

And no offense to anyone from Cleveland. Hey, I like Cleveland. I've spent a couple of nights at The Flats over the years. Especially at the bar with the swimming pool along the river. :mmm:

Fran

I do!!!! I do!!!!! LOL

You're right.... way too serious here.

And no offense to anyone from Cleveland. Hey, I like Cleveland. I've spent a couple of nights at The Flats over the years. Especially at the bar with the swimming pool along the river. :mmm:

Fran

Cleveland!!!! We used to do exhibitions for the Browns. Last was what 86-87 Fill me in Al

Anyway I think Al way trying to be clever...LOL

See you on the 50

Cleveland has a football team????

Back then they did LOL