What do the Colts, Bears and the Cabs have in common?

To continue off topic just a bit:

"Cleveland!!!! We used to do exhibitions for the Browns. Last was what 86-87 . . . "

--------------------

Mike Ryan

Ah yes, Cleveland's Municipal Stadium in December! I remember it well! Talk about cold!

Two trips to Cleveland in 1968: A regular season game, I believe in November against the Cowboys, and then on December 28, the last official "NFL Championship Game," the Browns vs. the Baltimore Colts. The Colts won, and went on to meet the Jets, the last official "AFL Champion," in Super Bowl III. (Jets 16, Colts 7!) The following year they became the NFC and the AFC under the fully merged "new" NFL.

We used to joke that the fall was our "second season," as we often did halftime shows for various teams over the years: Giants, Jets, Browns, Redskins, Steelers. (And I understand Army homes games on occasion at West Point after I was out of the corps.)

Great times, great memories!

John Smith

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict Ditka will win DCA with a score of 2025.752.

Da bears...

I was going to say, at first, that they are only a few hour drive apart (well Colts and Bears are)...but you threw Cabs in the mix and voided my answer. :blink:

Then it's settled. The Caballeros must move to Hawthorne, WI...in the middle of the night...with an army of moving vans. That way your prediction will be right and then we can say they are all from the midwest!

:P

Fran

The only time we leave Hawthorne in the middle of the night is to go to Rochester.

I’m not sure how we got talking about Cleveland but you haven’t lived until you played to the Dog Pound.

1987 we played a Browns play-off game in mid January, -14 degrees with the wind chill sitting on the field on wooden chairs. We had to put anti-freeze on the valves because they were freezing up.

The field was painted green because it had no grass left. We were told we had to play to the Dog Pound for Pre-Game, so we lined up in parade formation, we were told if the dog pound threw dog biscuits at us that meant the liked us, we started playing and the biscuits were flying. I think we unloaded 4 pound of biscuits from the contras bells before half time.

The rest of the game was a little fuzzy, the only place to stay warm was in the mens room. So here we have about 100 Caballeros in the mens room drinking blackberry brandy. I was told we did a great job performing at half time I just don’t remember too much about the performance.

My memory is also a little foggy about the night’s entertainment at the Flats, but you know what they say “What happens in Cleveland stays in Cleveland”

^OO^

Alan,

You actually remember what happened in Cleveland. I don't. The only thing I remember is leaving in a blizzard and then the 1st COLD beverage was opened.

All this talk about the Cleveland Browns.....

If you'd like them for your home town, we'd be willing to make a trade.

You can have the Browns in exchange for one contra in fairly good condition. And if you throw in a pair of cymbals, we'll send you their cheerleaders too.

Andy

No, No. Don't trade the Browns away. Again.

That is the one nice soft spot in the schedule we BENGALS fans have to look forward to. :laugh:

From what we've been reading lately, the only thing that Bengals fans have to look forward to is visiting day at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility.