Sad News....

i've been trying to hold it in since the family called me this morning. i can't anymore.

Patty had been keeping me up to date and i spoke to Sean via text and phone calls these last 10 days or so. He sounded better every day and so upbeat. The last time we talked on Friday, he told me he was gonna get better so he could come back, join Shore's pit and show Gut how it was to be done.

I could go on and on, and i'll break my goodbye rule elsewhere to do so, but I've known him for 20 years. My heart breaks for Patty who just lost her mother last year as well as the rest of the family.

Sean my brother, we're flying in the missing man formation here with the HOF, and we will stay that way forever. You can't be replaced, and I'm glad I was able to let you know many times just how special you were.

picture_0046.jpg

I miss you and I love you bro, and yes, as we discussed once before, for you, I'd drive to Jersey. I won't like it, but I'll do it for you brother.

RIP

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocked to hear this news.

The family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

-Joey Pero

Sean was always a class act on here.He will be missed.RIP

Like so many of you, I am at a loss for words. Our love, sympathy and prayers go out to Carol, Bob, Patty, and the entire Holton family, and to the Skyliner organizations, of course.

Although I am sure that I met Sean around the Fall of 1979, I really got to know him in 1985, when we played in the pit together with a small group of pitsters. I do not think I have ever laughed as much or as often. We had a wonderful season. Sean had a great laugh and sense of humor, was very serious about performance and the Skyliners, and was one of the nicest people I ever met.

I know that those who loved Sean will share our memories of him for years to come. There is so much more to say . . . .

Rest in peace, Sean.

Doreen, Bob, Theresa, and Brittany

I did not know Sean as well as many of you did. I've only met him a couple of times at DCAs, exchanging little more than a smile and a handshake, a very friendly and welcoming individual of whom I've known and whose posts I have read on DCP ever since 'Gades joined the fabric of the DCA community. I find it hard to imagine life on DCP without him, as that's really the only way I ever knew him, by reading his posts and seeing him online, but I am very saddened by his death, as he was known and beloved by many in the DCA community, one of those guys who knew everybody and everybody knew him..............a more loyal Skyliner one would be hard pressed to find.

My most heartfelt condolences to the Holton family, and the Skyliner family.

Reading through this thread in shock. I'll keep his family in my thoughts and prayers. Sean, gonna miss you!

I was in shock when I saw the email from Liz. Words cannot express the feelings at the moment. I have known Sean and Bob Holton and the family for many years and have always had some fun and lively discussions with Sean over the last few years. Especially the years that Sky was Class A, we would banter back and forth who was better. and he always made sure to send me a good luck just prior to DCA I&E as only he could .. I still chuckle at his little one line zingers . He was a true Skyliner in every sense of the word. He was a great friend to all !

RIP Sean.. you will be missed by all , but your memory and sense of humor will always live on in our hearts and minds!!+

PS he still owed me a beer :) !!! dang

Edited by hurcwave

Rest in peace.

My condolences and prayers go out to the Holton family.