What innovations are left?

Hey, I'm asking a serious question - are we nearing an end to new instuments / styles? Once / if DCI catches up with BOA's instrumentation, is there anything else left?

Mike

Tomita on the Mighty Moog.

Oh wait a minute - too late.....

A string section I guess. You could aspire to play 2nd viola with Devils.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So with more of a vocal presence, maybe lighting?

Mike

Bingo....remember Hop's lamentation that there wasn't a "spotlight" for certain things on the field during the 2006 show?

That kind of production is a precursor to what "musical outdoor theater"/whatever you want to call what all this ends up as eventually.

The signs are there...uniforms will eventually go by the wayside as well, and will be either styled to fit the theme of a show or to be less conspicuous (all one color, the removal of any sort of military presence such as cords, shakos, etc).

Give it another 25-35 years, and it will be something far removed and different from even what 2007 is compared to 1972.

Not being "Chicken Little", not being alarmist...but just looking at the trending now and the roadmap that has been laid out (IMO).

Bingo....remember Hop's lamentation that there wasn't a "spotlight" for certain things on the field during the 2006 show?

That kind of production is a precursor to what "musical outdoor theater"/whatever you want to call what all this ends up as eventually.

The signs are there...uniforms will eventually go by the wayside as well, and will be either styled to fit the theme of a show or to be less conspicuous (all one color, the removal of any sort of military presence such as cords, shakos, etc).

Give it another 25-35 years, and it will be something far removed and different from even what 2007 is compared to 1972.

Not being "Chicken Little", not being alarmist...but just looking at the trending now and the roadmap that has been laid out (IMO).

I'm a music ed major with a theater minor. Bring it. ^0^ :P

3-d drill?

Already done with props.

Fire works, blimps, sky divers, jet fly by, full on nudity, dancing to tapes, back ground choirs, mandatory references to the divine, bum fights, water cannon, projectors /screens / movies, golf carts, stunt bikes, skateboard ramps, high wire acts...

I also think that it'll also directly impact drill, because with the reduced weight drummers will be able to take part in the more intricate horn drills.

From what I've seen those guys doing I'm not sure what else you want from them. :)