Help support Phantom Regiment (no cash required!)

Would you like to travel with a drum corps? Have time to give us a week, month or even a full season of your time?

You will be front and center of the action of a drum corps tour, will travel right, eat well and enjoy all the behind-the-scenes hard work and fun.

If you are interested or would like more information, please contact the Phantom Regiment at office@regiment.com.

www.regiment.org

Would you like to travel with a drum corps? Have time to give us a week, month or even a full season of your time?

You will be front and center of the action of a drum corps tour, will travel right, eat well and enjoy all the behind-the-scenes hard work and fun.

If you are interested or would like more information, please contact the Phantom Regiment at office@regiment.com.

www.regiment.org

Worth going out and getting my class A license. Hmmmmm.......

bump

www.regiment.org

Know of anybody? We can use your help.

I would volunteer for any other corps before Phantom Regiment. Their staff, volunteers, and souvie people are the rudest of any corps I have been around. So volunteer for corps, just not this one.

I personally had no problem with their souvy people. You should have gone to the Blue Devil souvy booth with the little blonde who had a MAJOR attitude problem. I felt like my buying over 200.00 worth of stuff might have inconvienced her. The others were more than helpfull. Volunteer for any corps, before there are no more to volunteer for.

:lol:

Ok, I HAVE TO chime in here. I have volunteered at least 25-30 times with the souvie crew - although NOT in the last three yrs, but all I can say is that those girls/ladies are the funnest, hard working 'volunteers' I have EVER been around. Rude? I think not!

Perhaps it was one of those show they were shorthanded (as they sometimes have been) and were totally wrong out! I can tell you, when Jackie Williams was on tour, she ran a very tight selling strategy -- small items were off to the side where Mary would be assisting those folks and the wearables were at the trailer. I miss those times, but can say that I'll be back in 2007 !!!

Please, before calling anyone rude --- remember these same folks sleep on the ame gym floors, eat from the food truck and often do "triple duty" during the day BEFORE the show even starts! So, do me a favor. Volunteer and get a feel for what they really do -- and oh, please, no matter how tired, sore or worn out you are -- don't be rude!

In defense of the Regiment and their staff/volunteers ---

Trisha Longo

The rudeness at the souvie stand was not from being shorthanded, it was after the scores were announced, the two young women made snide and crass comments about the corps that scored above them that evening. Totally uncool in my book. I personally put back the merchandise I had in my hand to purchase, and spent that money at BK, MS, Colts, and Blue Stars booths.

I've visted the souvie booths, watched rehearsals, watched staff, members, and volunteers of many corps over the years. I've observed behaviors I found not so good from to time to time from almost all organizations.

But by in large my experiences have been positive.

Everybody has a bad day.

With 150-200 hundred members, staff and volunters passing through an organization over the summer there's bound to be a bad apple every once in awhile in each group.

Or maybe YOU were having the bad day. I like to think I'm generally a courteous person but I sure have my bad moments like every one else.

im sure theres people associated with every single corps that arent going to put out a good vibe. believe you me, there are some people in the corps' ive marched in that i just think "dang....somewhere in this world, this person is a representation of my corps.......that sucks"

Edited by corpsismylife