Phantom - how long till they are considered 'elite'

...Yeah, nobody respects the phantom regiment

ya, to the point where they will be one of the last voted off the island :blink:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because there are not 30 Div. 1 corps competing at prelims anymore,DCI should limit the Saturday night finals to the top 8 or 9. Then Finals would carry more weight than it does now. It's like hockey and basketball playoffs. More corps make finals than don't.

That would make it for a short and boring night. if you ask me.

I like having 12 shows. been that way for a long time, and I hope it doesn't change.

During the summer someone had a topic about the elite. It doesn't matter were some corps ended up they were still elite. To me the corps who have won a championship are in the elite group. :blink:

If you really think about it, with the number of DIV 1 drumcorps in the contry, top 12 are elite!

If you really think about it, with the number of DIV 1 drumcorps in the contry, top 12 are elite!

Disagreed . . .

Not to sound like a jerk, but there's definitely a few notches between number 12 and number 1.

I mean... I've always considered them part of "the elite." The elite to me consists of Cavies, Cadets, BD, SCV and Phantom. The real question is how long do Bluecoats have to stay up there to be a part of that group? Do they need to win a title?

I'll agree but add

I've always consider Phantom Regimnet to be an elite unit but I'm really think when will we consider Bluecoats and Carolina Crown both very outstanding drum corps

bluecoats with their overall program

and

crown being only 18 years old yet consistent with programing also?

Bluecoats were 13th in 99, so they've been going up since then. They also haven't come close to winning.

OT, BUT...

Bluecoats have been top twelve since 1987 except for 1 year, which was 1999.

Star was headed by a huge corporate business, plus the members were made up of folded corps like Suncoast Sound..

Plus to be innovative today, is .........yeah...

The only real thing you have to back you up is that Star won and Cadets have won(several times), but if you go back to when this was going on, i guarantee you people had the same attitude you do right now.....

same story, different decade...

Star was started by Bill Cook, one of the richest people in the world, but I think HE gave them good management more than a million bucks...

Star was not made up from folded corps like Suncoast sound. Maybe Pride of Cincy, but Suncoast Sound was in 6th place Star's first year out. Star came in 10th.