Cavalier dominance 2000-Present

I am here my "mello" friend?, anyway. I erred and have already apologized to boo in a PM. I chose it to be pm so that my stupid comment might disappear, but evidently in your rush to judgement you did not have that info at hand. Since it is now {22 pages in} an item, I will publicly apologize for my statements. I am sorry Boo and Mr. Fielder. There are you ok with that melloman? :rolleyes:

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will publicly apologize for my statements. I am sorry Boo and Mr. Fielder.

I would never doubt the sincerity of your apology to Mike and Jeff .. and I think he would be the first to point out that "Mr. Fielder" would be his dad.. but I have to say I was at a meeting with him last week and we were laughing at how often his name is misspelled and mispronounced.. regardless of how often it's corrected.

To clarify, it really is FieDler, not FieLder.

I'm sure your typo is entirely innocent (each time you've done it and each time someone has corrected you).. but I thought I'd try again.

:)

Stef

Why?

And if you're going to bring age into question, why is that that UTAmello's posts lead me to believe that he's older than 84skyrydr? Does age matter then?

I'm making a couple of assumptions. 1.) 84SkyRyder refers to 1984. 2.) mello's signature references marching corps and U of Texas at Arlington marching band in the 2004-2007 range. You do the math.

And 84 manned up and apologized, so let's return the thread to the rather amazing 22-page discussion on the Cavies, agreed?

I'm making a couple of assumptions. 1.) 84SkyRyder refers to 1984. 2.) mello's signature references marching corps and U of Texas at Arlington marching band in the 2004-2007 range. You do the math.

And 84 manned up and apologized, so let's return the thread to the rather amazing 22-page discussion on the Cavies, agreed?

Regardless of signatures and screen names, it appears to me that UTAmello appears to be a bit more mature than 84skyrydr. Now you do the math.

I've been rather impressed with the maturity expressed in this thread - even mention of the Cadets has been respectful (knock on wood), very cool. :)

I am here my "mello" friend?, anyway. I erred and have already apologized to boo in a PM. I chose it to be pm so that my stupid comment might disappear, but evidently in your rush to judgement you did not have that info at hand. Since it is now {22 pages in} an item, I will publicly apologize for my statements. I am sorry Boo and Mr. Fielder. There are you ok with that melloman? :rolleyes:

<**>

You know, if you had left out all the patronizing BS, your apology might have been perceived as sincere. I hope your pm apologies were a little classier.

WOW, remember this is about the Cavies not 84 ryder. The Cavie dominance started in the eighties when they started to pull in more out of town kids instead of relying on the Cadet corps. I am old enough to remember, yet young enough to not forget. The build up was gradual, but once complete it has been a mainstay. Others have done the same thing and I would easily say that Star, had they not left, would still be an elite corps. There are a million peices to the puzzle and right now the Cavies have all those peices in order. Congradulations Mr. FIEDLER. My misspelling is a case of poor attention, not a case of intent. Anyway, marching, running, playing, not playing, they appear to have the right combination of both. Way to go and good luck. Now please PM me with any further irritation at my posts and leave this to the task at hand. Thanks and good day.

Yes, there is negativity towards the Cavaliers - and it is there for many different reasons.

Based on the great conversation we've had so far, I think that the two things which set the Cavaliers apart are the idea that success breeds success, and their unmatched ability at show design.

Their show design is amazing in its ability to allow the performers to succeed by giving them adequate opportunities to conserve enegy while performing an incredibly demanding visual show, and emphasizing the things that the corps does very well while downplaying things that they have traditionally not been as good at. Also, it doesn't hurt that the current judging system readily rewards this particular style of show design.

wait wut hapend y is there negatives do peopl haet the cavilers now??

bc i think there real good still!!! lol machine roks

smilie_rimshot.gif