If you could pick a Uni for Scouts in '07

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what I was saying.

the change was warranted.

~>conner

I agree completely. I always thought the 88-02 unis were ostentatious (in a bad way), actually. They looked like a bunch of leftover tinsle and garlands from a Christmas Tree all thrown together. I like some of the designs people have posted in here, but I also really liked their 06 uniforms. They're just as unique as the 88-02 unis, but more classy. Same with the 05 unis, even.

the 2006 unis except the corps wears the uniform the drum major wore and the drum major wears the white.

you know what I was saying.

the change was warranted.

~>conner

Actually, I don't...

I'm sure both of those corps have made subtle changes over the years...in regards to the fit and finish, but they haven't felt the need to change (aside from Phantom's little divergence). Of course, the all-black made quite a statement for Phantom, but only made for a photo-negative transformation. As would be the case if the Cadets went to creme jackets and burgandy pants instead of what they now have.

Other than that, I don't see how you can determine that a change in the uniform was "warranted". We saw the public outcry when they changed in 2002 by people who LOVED the 88-02 uni...and if you were around then you saw how huge the negative response was!

You mean bring back the white Eisenhower jacket? I'm all for that. The jester looks they've had for the past few years does absolutely nothing me. The corps comes across as to feminine.

and wouldn't it have been something if you'd actually ever seen it on the field?

I'm sure the guys who've marched in (and maybe even loved the way they looked in) those "jester looks" of the past few years appreciate your disdain. Heck, I'll bet they're even surprised by it!

Stef

Actually, I don't...

I'm sure both of those corps have made subtle changes over the years...in regards to the fit and finish, but they haven't felt the need to change (aside from Phantom's little divergence). Of course, the all-black made quite a statement for Phantom, but only made for a photo-negative transformation. As would be the case if the Cadets went to creme jackets and burgandy pants instead of what they now have.

Other than that, I don't see how you can determine that a change in the uniform was "warranted". We saw the public outcry when they changed in 2002 by people who LOVED the 88-02 uni...and if you were around then you saw how huge the negative response was!

no, I didn't.

and you can disagree with me all you want, but they had the same uniform for 15 years... a uniform that, I, for one, thought was REALLY overrated.

~>conner