• Glassmen
    • Madison Scouts
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Spirit
    • Southwind
    • Troopers
    • Kilties

WOW, how did I forget Star. How do I remove someone and add Star? It doesnt show up in the edit feature. They should be on this for sure. Sorry Star fans. :doh:

send a pm to mod (names in red...you know that, right?) and see if they can tweek your poll for you.

I loved Star, but some might be inclined to say their management gave up on drum corps competitions, so you forgetting them in your poll is understandable. Especially

since it's been almost 15 years now. If it's an issue, well then you also forgot some OTHER DCI finalists if that is the criteria, like the first DCI champs, the Kingsmen.

But your poll is good, so maybe you can just do the ones missed as "write in's" ...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

send a pm to mod (names in red...you know that, right?) and see if they can tweek your poll for you.

I loved Star, but some might be inclined to say their management gave up on drum corps competitions, so you forgetting them in your poll is understandable. Especially

since it's been almost 15 years now. If it's an issue, well then you also forgot some OTHER DCI finalists if that is the criteria, like the first DCI champs, the Kingsmen.

But your poll is good, so maybe you can just do the ones missed as "write in's" ...

OK, I think that is a good idea and I appreciate your help. Go Scouts!!! :doh:

Edited by BlueByYou2000

SCV jumps out to the early lead, which is not surprising. My dad wanted me to march SCV or Phantom, mom and me were Madison fans.

I made the right choice, but always admired SCV so much.

Is that the overall impression of most Madison Alum? My high school drumline instructors, Dave and Todd Herrick both marched Scouts and LOVED SCV. I mean Loved them. I think they were goo goo over a few of the girls in SCVs guard. This would have been late 70s to mid 80s when they marched.

Edited by BlueByYou2000

Vanguard

Is that the overall impression of most Madison Alum? My high school drumline instructors, Dave and Todd Herrick both marched Scouts and LOVED SCV. I mean Loved them. I think they were goo goo over a few of the girls in SCVs guard. This would have been late 70s to mid 80s when they marched.

That would be a definite yes. There was a traditional "mutual admiration" for SCV that I was informed of when I joined Madison, and it was

passed on as new members would come in.

Edit to add: But make no mistake, the admiration was there, but we wanted to beat them for sure!!

Edited by GGarrett

I still have some years to go, but with my future pretty clear ahead of me (going to school in Mass), I'll go with SCV. I tried out this winter and (sadly) didn't make it, and while if I do make the Cadets in 08, it'll still be hard to look at what will be a huge competition with nothing but respect, admiration, and possibly jealousy. And that's nothing against the Cadets, obviously.

OK, you forgot SKY RYDERS. I never had a better summer in all my life. My choice was the Cadets or as I kneswthem as the Garfield Cadets. My last year of eligibility was going to be spent with them, but momma says no more money. &%$$*&(. That year was 1987.... CHAMPIONS. I don't know if I would have made them or not, but in my mind I have to say I would have and I am not a champion, but I am somebody who was lucky enough to march with the Colts, Guardsmen and Sky Ryders.