The Real Reason ?

I know! How many drum corps fans wouldn't wanna see Garth Brooks or Billy Ray Cyrus on the field!!

ampssuck ampssuck ampssuck ampssuck

I do not think I would want to hear Garth on the field either. I just mentioned him because he was one the the people that sat before congress and really pushed for more copyright laws.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You weren't familer with most of the music from last season? IMO, it was more familer than not, although you're correct, no Garth, or Billy Ray. :poke::poke:

Did you see the pukey-faces in my post? It was supposed to denote sarcasm. Guess it didn't work.

I do not think I would want to hear Garth on the field either. I just mentioned him because he was one the the people that sat before congress and really pushed for more copyright laws.

Oh, ok. I guess we have Metallica to thank as well, at least for policies against things like sharing audio and video over the internet. But you can't really blame them can you. And it's not just the big name artists that wanted more copyright laws, it's all the "little guys" as well who aren't as well known. They can't do the things that they do without getting paid, and if the don't get paid because they're stuff is stolen rather than purchased, then they won't do it anymore.

a Metallica show might be interesting, though...

For Whom the Bell Tolls

One

Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

BTW, you'll never see the Beatles on a drum corps field again. They have an escalator clause that not only do they make more than a standard contract, a standard contract for everyone else says that you have to pay the rate of the highest contract for all.

I know I only know enough to be dangerous, but I do know the Fab Four are bad news in the royalty dept. ($10000000 to Yoko)

Did you see the pukey-faces in my post? It was supposed to denote sarcasm. Guess it didn't work.

Oh, ok. I guess we have Metallica to thank as well, at least for policies against things like sharing audio and video over the internet. But you can't really blame them can you. And it's not just the big name artists that wanted more copyright laws, it's all the "little guys" as well who aren't as well known. They can't do the things that they do without getting paid, and if the don't get paid because they're stuff is stolen rather than purchased, then they won't do it anymore.

Oh no, I do not blame anyone for not getting their just due. My wife and I both are in the music biz. so I do understand. Only thing is when they are completely unreasonable about what their work is worth.

"Don't Break My Heart..."

I'm sorry I'll stop...

"MY ACHY BREAKY HEART...."

No no...I'm serious...I'll stop now!

"Don't Break My Heart..."

I'm sorry I'll stop...

"MY ACHY BREAKY HEART...."

No no...I'm serious...I'll stop now!

I like it. I think the Cavies could pull it off.

Have the guard dress as cowboys and do the "achy breaky"

They could even have two guard members dress as Ennis Del Mar and Jack Twist.

Hot!

:P

Have these guys actually said they don't want drum corps playing their music ??

Edited by ODBC