Rockin' Baritone Moments

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously. I love that guy.

That guy is great and he is from a great section. They showed a thing on PBS where they

broke down the sections in Great Divide. The Baris were just wonderful. That moment has

stuck with me all these years.

The 1980 Bridgemen Baritones in Thunder & Blazes AND In The Stone

1979 Guardsmen in Fanfare for the New

Dave Lang

1984 Garfield Cadets baritone feature during "America"

1981 BD Duet in Dindi

That guy is great and he is from a great section. They showed a thing on PBS where they

broke down the sections in Great Divide. The Baris were just wonderful. That moment has

stuck with me all these years.

He also had a good solo in 1992, in the opener. Incredible player.

83 BD...Eric I think his name was...I went to UMass with him...a trombone performance major....a RIDICULOUS solo in "Everybody Loves The Blues"...IMO, one of the GREATEST baritone moments in DCI history! :worthy:

1990 Cadets in Somewhere

SCV Adagio For Strings

Cadets 2000 at the end

1985 Suncoast

88 SCV in Masquerade

83 BD...Eric I think his name was...I went to UMass with him...a trombone performance major....a RIDICULOUS solo in "Everybody Loves The Blues"...IMO, one of the GREATEST baritone moments in DCI history! :worthy:

1990 Cadets in Somewhere

SCV Adagio For Strings

Cadets 2000 at the end

1985 Suncoast

88 SCV in Masquerade

Thanks for the props in 90 .. I was going to mention that. I know our bari's drew inspiration from the "I Have a Love" soli from 84 (which makes me damp).

I also have to mention the the High G sustained by 5 baris for 50 seconds at the beginning of Maria ... until they finally change!! OMG!!!!

PR's Death Hunt had some badarse Buicks in it.

86 BD in Conquistador WOW!

88 Star during The Storm

I could go on forever .. there's so much good writing to choose from .... I could write a book on SCV, BD, Scouts, PR, Star and Cadets alone. Not to mention the countless other SUPERB contributions from everyone else. I sure wish there was better writing for low brass these days. It almost seems like a lost art.

Edited by supersop

If you liked that - then you'd love at least the fugue from 04.

Right after the first big intro the corps forms a series of arcs. The euphs play the first statement of the fugue while on the move, and it is very impressive.

You beat me to it. That was the first thing that came to mind for me. And not just the first statement, but also the passages they are playing under the sops when they have their first statement. Unbelievable! :worthy: