Guys in the guard, ladies in uni's

Crown last year had about 2-3 girls in each section of the hornline, with the most being in the baritone line. There was indeed a girl in the snare line and she was awesome!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like it when the guys in the guard where a different uniform style (ie pants when girls are in skirts) than the girls.

It's distracting to me.

They don't have the girls in the hornline/drumline where skirts.

You'd wouldn't rather have the guys wear skirts would you? I'll try and find some pics of the corps who's guard guys wore the exact same outfit as the girls, and it was a freaking skirt (although I bet they didn't call it that). It was from earlier this decade.

My BIGGEST pet peeve in drum corps is definately guard guys who's mamas dressed them up like girls. To me that's a much bigger distraction. I've always thought that the Cadets and Blue Devils did a decent job of keeping their guys lookling like guys, I wonder why their example isn't followed by more designers (of all the things NOT to follow!)

You'd wouldn't rather have the guys wear skirts would you?

NO!

:grouphug:

I don't like to see guys with makeup!

My daughter has a shirt that says, "I'm a sucker for guys in eyeliner." We were at Disneyland last summer and there was a guy with eyeliner who was trying to get her attention. She didn't like it. I told her - "Hey! That's what your shirt says. Deal with it."

:sshh:

• 2 weeks later...
they had a guy in 87

(talking about Gah-field 87)

Splitting hairs, really, but from what I remember he wasn't "really" a member of the guard, he was a feature dancer from Alvin Ailey. He was only used in 3 segments of the show, and he never handled any equipment.

Talking about the girl side of things, the Ventures did it all!

Edited by garfield_cadets

Guys in the guard IN ladies uniforms. THE 2005 CAVALIERS! :P

Edited by boxingfred

NO!

:doh:

I don't like to see guys with makeup!

My daughter has a shirt that says, "I'm a sucker for guys in eyeliner." We were at Disneyland last summer and there was a guy with eyeliner who was trying to get her attention. She didn't like it. I told her - "Hey! That's what your shirt says. Deal with it."

:sshh:

:blush:

Didn't the Cavaliers go all girl like 10 years ago???

Totally kidding. I figured I might as well be the first to pull this joke. I knew someone was bound to do it for either Madison or Cavies.

Much love for the cavies......I swear it.