Drum Corps in the Car....

Nah, there's a serious lack of drum corps fans here in the West Valley as far as I know. Kind of sad, actually.

BTW, that cop story is AWESOME.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I occasionally hear drum corps blaring in other cars around the southern suburbs of Chicago.

There's nothing more fun then me listening to Faust or something equally as awesome and the girls in the next car over listening to Britney Spears.

I do believe I win in that case.

Also, the looks I get are priceless. :rolleyes:

I drive around Manhattan with a Phantom Regiment license plate frame on my car and, sadly, no one has ever commented on it.

That's because you're goin' so fast!!

Oh, and I LOVE your signature--he's not lying, he's just ignorant of the fact that the sun's getting hotter! Seems he "invented" Global Warming, too! Ha-ha!

A couple of months ago I was stuck in the incredibly ugly scene that is I45 in Houston, TX. There was an accident a mile or so up the road and it was bumper to bumper. I was listening to Madison -1999 quite loudly.

A young girl in a vw next to me yelled over and asked me what corps that was and I told her. She said something about wishing she could have a better listen to that so I tossed her the CD! I just went home and made myself another one.

A couple of months ago I was stuck in the incredibly ugly scene that is I45 in Houston, TX. There was an accident a mile or so up the road and it was bumper to bumper. I was listening to Madison -1999 quite loudly.

A young girl in a vw next to me yelled over and asked me what corps that was and I told her. She said something about wishing she could have a better listen to that so I tossed her the CD! I just went home and made myself another one.

That's awesome! If you're ever cruisin' around Chicago and you see my car with the "Madison Alumni" sticker on it, fling me a CD! ^OO^

You can start lookin' around for me next time you're here... :rolleyes:

No. But I do run across the occasional bumper sticker or license plate frame that reps some drum corps.

Yep. I saw a PT Cruiser with a "Concord Blue Devils" license plate frame the other day.

:rolleyes:

Haven't done it for awhile..(it's been a bit cold here!) but I love to get out some of my old tapes and CD's of classic shows (or my faves) and watch the impression it makes on the 'urban' types in my area.

Like others, it's hilarious when I pull up to a stop light and the car that's already there has the subwoofer pounding with hip-hop cranking out of a really beat up car, and then I pull up with either Madison, BD or my favorites, the '04 Renegades cranking out of my windows. You should see the looks I get!!!

My son and I like to put on the 2002 Hawthorne Cabs to scare the few hard rock friends he has..Nothing like the rumps and screaming sops to put the fear of God into youth who love volume.. and think you need a slug of Marshalls to get it. ^0^

Pat

Edited by goalieguy

i've only had one random meeting (which isn't surprising, cause I think the total drum corps population in Tulsa is like... 2 people) and it wasn't even in person. I've got a Madison sticker on my back window that's usually barely readable through the dirt that gets built up on my truck (I live on a dirt road). I came out of a bookstore once and found a message drawn in the dirt on my back window. It had an arrow pointing to the sticker and said "#### straight! -27th alum"

OT but they are there. More than you think. Lot's of Black Gold alums round Tulsa and OKC still. But anyone that has marched in the last 10-12 years had to go outta state. Still a big contingent from OU marching around the country.

Dude, don't you know an offer when you hear one? instead of tossing her the tape you should have invited her over to your place to listen together.