What I DON"T miss about Drum Corps

raining... every... show...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone explain what happened with this?

http://northernaurora.tripod.com/NA/misc.html

that should suffice ... I'm not telling that story from memory anymore. There's pics of the aftermath on there somewhere, but it doesn't come close to the reality of the damage it caused.

-Constant, frequent, merciless leg cramps, where when you finally get one gone, the muscle next to it starts going.

-Raub Middle School, in Allentown, PA. Freezing cold showers, and a mountain to climb down and up several times to get to rehearsal.

-A runthrough when there's like 3 minutes left of rehearsal. One of those, "oh by the way" runthroughs.

do i ever... <_<

At least we can still look back and laugh about that. And I still think we had our best show of the season that night :D

Some more:

10-minute "pee no buy" stops taking 30 minutes because the staff needs to get their coffee and smoke their death sticks.

Staff cutting in front of members at meals because they have an important "meeting" during lunch- thus taking time out of the members' break by making them wait longer for food.

Rehearsing at Pioneerland on my 21st birthday. Man, I sure could have used a drink after THAT day! :P

1) Being woken up on the bus with the worst cramp of your life

2) Showers with enough water pressure to take skin off

3) Showers with not enough water pressure to get the shampoo out of your hair

4) Having the air conditioning on the bus seem to not work during the day, but the bus be FREEZING at night.

5) Having 15 minutes taken out of a block and "promised" to have it back only to lose 15 min out of getting ready for a show.

6) BASICS BLOCK!

7) Having to stay up 2 and 1/2 hrs past lights out because of Dot Book/Drill Charts/Dot Tests

Yeah, I don't miss the South. Nothing against those people who live in those states...but ####...I'm glad to not be in the South during the season!