Boston's Closer!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Priceless :blink::doh:

You left out a few HUNDRED others ;) Especially: Sky Ryders, Magic, NorthStar, Oakland Crusaders, Kingsmen....................................

Ouch! Actually, both corps that I marched are playing "Tacet Suite." Oh well, at least we'll be clean.

LA FIESTA!

Awesome. I don't know if you're marching Boston or the Sr. Corps that I think was mentioned earlier, but at any rate, work hard. If you are in Boston, Bob and Howard marched in '84 and heard the BD version up close and personal. Though Bob is on the visual staff, he's still a bad ### baritone player at heart. After thinking about it, they will have an appreciation of that song. Sometimes, posts on here sound bad. I went back and read my original post and I should have worded it different. Had I known about the new brass staff, I would have said something like "That song is a drum corps icon, at least from when I marched. Hopefully, the new guys will bring the horn line up a notch, as compared to previous years when I didn't care much from the arrangements or sound quality." That's still a little negative, but it's just my opinion.

Bob and Howard marched in '84 and heard the BD version up close and personal.

Heh.....trust me....you could've been in the upper deck at Grant Field and we would've made it feel up close and personal!!! MAJOR volume crankage gping on from the field!

OMG!! In 1998, we did a show in Beverly, MA and I remember being on the phone and watching two Crusader Alumni beating the crap out of each other in the parking lot! No one was attempting to break them apart, and frankly, not many of us were watching.

It was wicked awesome!

And, when they were done, they gave each other a hug, went to the back of a car and opened a beer!

Ah, BAC.

Ah, that's why I love my corps.

Incidentally, Cadets 98? Did you by chance march with Chris Schletter and/or Sean Moquin?? (I can't remember if they were 98 or not.)

OFF TOPIC - I see the title of this and I think, hey, I thought putting Papelbon back in there resolved this?

Funny how my two loves (corps and baseball) can mix and match sometimes...

ON TOPIC - La Fiesta is a great song, and I'm sure Boston can do it well. I'm hoping for great things out of this corps. If it does end up watered down, its expected, its a really tough song, especially while moving. Can it be better than 84 BD? Probably not. Can it be cool in its own rite? Of course.

Let's wait for the first recording to make judgments.

Edited by crashhelmi36

La Fiesta <snip> its a really tough song, especially while moving

Y'know....I was just thinking about that. if we HAD marched it instead of making it an old-school concert, we would've had to have stayed in the one step per bar rate we were on the first move (during the opening trio). If I remember, it was 12/8, but counted as a 3/4....but Gary Zinter had to conduct in ONE.

I think we could've done it...it's not as difficult as it sounds...'course, I played the thing for 9 months, so I understand how it would have to come together.

I don;t see how we could've marched it in tempo....maybe Boston will try and can pull it off....would be interesting to see.