Horror Stories on Tour Regarding BUGS !

I have a few from 2006:

Brillion, Wisconsin. We were warming up for a parade there and I watched a mosquito bite me through my glove. I think it knew that I wasnt allowed to move, so it took its time stealing my blood.

What you do there is start clenching your fist really fast- it accelerates the flow of blood and will eventually make the skeeter go POP. ^0^

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember marching in Port Huron one year when the mayflies were out- #### things were EVERYWHERE.

Somewhere in Arkansas - We trapped a cockroach that was so big we named it Fido.

Not a bug story, but birds. Just before tour, we were rehearsing in South Boston, next to the docks. About 5:00 p.m. a flock of seagulls went over and pooped on the entire contra section - some splattered on the baris. This was a 9:00 a.m. to midnight rehearsal, so we had 7 more hours of marching with a layer of poop on us.

When I was teaching the Madison Jr. Scouts we stopped along the St. Laurence Seaway to have lunch. While we were sitting by the water a seagull swooped down and took one of the kid's taco right off his plate.

:sshh:

Edited by lnavis

How do the bugs on the west coast compare?

They don't. Nothing even remotely comparable. All the stories I hear in this thread sound incredibly frightening and totally unlike anything I've ever experienced in 2 decades in Oregon, Washington, and California.

I mean, there's mosquitos, sometimes. But giant cockroaches, piles of dead mayflies feet high, clouds of insects?!? Eeesh.

Edited by PurpleKnights

I had a deer fly bite my neck once (in Michigan), never felt it bite me, just noticed the blood running down my neck!

I had a huge bump for weeks.

similar thing happened to me in new york i think it was... bug landed on the back of my leg at a point in rehearsal i couldnt really move to do anything about it. as we start the next rep i felt a sharp pain there. Rep gets done i see im bleeding.

#### bugs.

ok, I'm not sure how to post pictures, so this might not work.

These were flying around us in Virginia after the sun set. Standing there listening to comments from the box and feeling a thud on your back and just knowing that one of them landed on you.... uuungh....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dobsonfly

and they're about 3-4 in long, too

North Carolina during practice.

They were coming in the size of baseballs; bank turning like helecopter gunships and literally knocking our heads back and flying off with our hats for long as they could carry them.

One bite got infected with cellulitis that slowly took it's toll on my leg. Swelling from my ankle up to my hip. Swelling so large my leg looked like a black oak stump and I nearly lost it. Luckily after my 3rd go round at the emergency room they juiced me up with enough antibiotics to sterilize a small town.

Mom