Loudest corps each year?

Dave Tippett used to say that during rehearsals.

Off subject here, but does anyone know if Dave Tippett is working with anyone this year?

I just played 1975 Scouts MacArthur Park from youtube and saw Dave at the end with a few other screamers from back in the day.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont worry, its called being a "super-rookie." it happens when you join an elite drum corps and are so overwhelmed by the contrast compared to anything that youre used to (it helps when youre in a drum corps that takes itself REAAAAAAAAAAAALLY seriously), that you take offense to anything potentially incriminating and start wielding around your corps' past "accolades" as if you contributed to them. in the process, you put a bunch of other corps down, make your corps come across to some as extremely immodest, prove your immaturity to anyone that's lucky enough to witness it, and feel like youre doing the best thing for your organization.

regardless of what i said, how do you possibly think that youre correctly defending your cause by throwing a score out at me? i made a statement about THE PHILOSOPHY OF BRASS PLAYING IN DRUM CORPS, and apparently im a hypocrite because your hornline got a higher score than mine did on finals night? that makes you "right??"

im sure that people you march with or are instructed by aren't proud about how you just defended your corps, especially against someone that didn't even say anything about them. if you want to know my opinions about the phantom regiment's hornline, then ask me. dont take a general statement/philosophy and turn it into a falsified insult.

would it be too much of a cliche to pull out the "thank you, you have a very nice drum corps" card? ....probably....im not too into the whole brevity thing. $1 to the dude.

Way to miss the whole point. Notice that I didn't bring up judges once in the entire thread before that- YOU are the one who brought up judges, by mentioning "those corps that scored highest." I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of YOU bringing up judges, when a corps you bash regularly (in lots of topics) beat the one you defend (this was similar to the hypocrisy of you, in the same sentence, mentioning "those corps that will be remembered," when a lot of shows which you deride are among the most memorable of the decade). Like I said, I personally don't care about what the judges said, and I have been saying over and over throughout this thread that this is all a difference of musical values; I've never ONCE said that my philosophy of brass playing was "better" than yours, only that it was different and should be respected. Your setting up of strawmen may make you feel good, but it doesn't do anything to help your case.

As for the "super-rookie" thing... what??? I marched in 02 and 03; in what way have I recently joined some elite corps I can't handle? And what "past accolades"? I mentioned 06, which isn't really in the past and was only mentioned to display your rank hypocrisy, and 03, which I, you know, marched in.

Sorry to bring back this thread, but my internet went down last night, and I felt the need to defend my statements from the strawmen you had setup. So, to reiterate- I didn't bring up judges in any way to say "I'm better than you," only to say not to do the same thing to those who hold a different philosophy than you, especially when that statement could clearly be refuted.