Which decade of DCI have you enjoyed the most?

You favorite DCI decade.  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the actual shows, which decade of DCI have you enjoyed the most?

• 1970s - mostly symmetrical drill, non concept shows, ridiculously loud hornlines
    • 1980s - more complex drills, beginnings of concept shows, dancing guards, grounded pits
    • 1990s - full concept shows, more integration between all the sections
    • 2000s - more visual complexity, later added amps/singing/narration

When I saw the possible voting selections I thought the same as all you other people who liked parts of two decades.

Voted 80's, but really love 82 through 95.

The corps looked and sounded great; even with the learning curve the G bugle presented.

What he said! Spot on!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nice topic. But it's a bit like asking people how old they are. :P :P :P

2000 drum corps is a lot like 90's drum corps, just better.

I love it, but not because of narration or any of that bs . . . it's just that virtually all my favorite shows are from this decade.

don't care much for anything before the mid-80's.

1987-2006.

though, I voted 90's.

~>conner

I voted for the 90s but I would have to say that 1995 to 2002 are my favorite shows. The corps during that time were on fire up and down the line.

Might want to ask as a follow up...... " how many of you that voted actually witnessed a 70's show live " ? Incidentally, my vote was for the 80's, but the way the poll was worded skews the results.....ie" 70's ridiculously loud horn lines " makes it invalid right from the get go. Why bias the poll ? Why not just ask the question fairly and even handedly and without personal built in bias ?

Edited by X DM

Might want to ask as a follow up...... " how many of you that voted actually witnessed a 70's show live " ? Incidentally, my vote was for the 80's, but the way the poll was worded skews the results.....ie" 70's ridiculously loud horn lines " makes it invalid right from the get go. Why bias the poll ? Why not just ask the question fairly and even handedly and without personal built in bias ?

I was born in 1980.

Going with the 90's, because the 2000's aren't quite done yet B)

80's ............. the final decade of real and pure drum corps in DCI.

You can feel free to flame on me now for saying it....but I'm right! Period! :doh: