Which decade of DCI have you enjoyed the most?

You favorite DCI decade.  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the actual shows, which decade of DCI have you enjoyed the most?

• 1970s - mostly symmetrical drill, non concept shows, ridiculously loud hornlines
    • 1980s - more complex drills, beginnings of concept shows, dancing guards, grounded pits
    • 1990s - full concept shows, more integration between all the sections
    • 2000s - more visual complexity, later added amps/singing/narration

When I saw the possible voting selections I thought the same as all you other people who liked parts of two decades.

Voted 80's, but really love 82 through 95.

The corps looked and sounded great; even with the learning curve the G bugle presented.

Edited by ravedodger

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the 90's.

Hard to pick between 80s and 90s. I like the stuff that has been going on this decade, but I gotta go with 85-95.

I am going to be the one to say "I Love Them All !!"

I love the 70's because that's when I participated in DCI.

I love the 80's because the drill started to get a lot more difficult and I'm glad I didnt have to march it. (bad knees, a bike accident when I was 13)

I love the 90's for two reasons 1. Star of Inidana and the twin crosses 2. Star of Inidana complexities in shows.

I love the 2000's because it's a different century and the kids on the field are doing some extremely impressive shows and I dislike the 2000's because "They don't have any bugles on the field !!" (but that's my hang up )

However, the one thing that I love in DCI that they will never change, is the determination, love for the activity and passion for drum corps that I see in every persons eyes that comes off the field !!! :doh:

THANK GOD !!

Edited by ODBC

Thanks, everyone who has voted already. I thought that the 90s would win, but I'm surprised the 80s got so many votes. I thought it would be a little less and 2000s a little more, but it's pretty close to what I expected.

I agree that it would probably be better to group the DCI eras into (70s-early80s), (mid80s-early90s), (mid90s-2003), then probably a knew one staring in 2004 with the addition of amps. I was thinking of doing it that way but just decided to go with the decades to be more exact. Maybe I'll do a poll like this during the summer when more people are on this forum.

I went with the 80s. And within the 80s, my favorite years were 84, 87 and 88.

There was so much variety of styles being presented and some of my favorite

grooves and melodies happened during those years.

Edited by madalumni

I am going to be the one to say "I Love Them All !!"

I love the 70's because that's when I participated in DCI.

I love the 80's because the drill started to get a lot more difficult and I'm glad I didnt have to march it. (bad knees, a bike accident when I was 13)

I love the 90's for two reasons 1. Star of Inidana and the twin crosses 2. Star of Inidana complexities in shows.

I love the 2000's because it's a different century and the kids on the field are doing some extremely impressive shows and I dislike the 2000's because "They don't have any bugles on the field !!" (but that's my hang up )

However, the one thing that I love in DCI that they will never change, is the determination, love for the activity and passion for drum corps that I see in every persons eyes that comes off the field !!! :doh:

THANK GOD !!

Amen.