New Uniform Pics and Discussion

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RRMay-127.jpg

Someone mentioned that the new Colts uniform seems to be almost tiger-striped...

Sorry, Roger, you tiger now.

It's a shame that the young Men in the Scouts will not have the thrill of wearing a superman suit. A tough, masculine uniform that screamed coolness. One of the reasons I marched in the Scouts was the uniform. I wouldn't make that same decision with this new uni. I really thought that the new uniform would be a combination of some of the traditional Madison Scouts uniform elements...the red sash, citation cords, & maybe even spats & a white scout belt. Instead, they came up with this radical, wierd design. Very disapointing.

Heck, they could have wore the Alumni corps uniforms...they only cost about $80 for the entire uni!

Kudos to the Troopers for not ditching tradition!

Those Huston uni's will cost you big bucks on E-bay!

They are great for laser tag!

Just a heads-up, Ill be taking a look at uniform design in my blog over the next couple of days..specifically on how it relates to the marching and visual program of the corps...installment one is up already, the link is in my signature

not a completely shameless self-promotion...just wanted to point out something I thought was pertenant to the discussion.

I like this uniform. It's going to look amazing when there's 95-100 members on the field wearing them under the lights. I agree a red sash would be pretty sweet, but even without it, I'm still gonna love them when I see pictures of the full corps. Last year's uniform was a step up, and this is another. Hearing the clips of the show online and seeing the uniform, everything is starting to fit into place it seems like. Can't wait to see how Madison does this year.

I'm sorry, but these unis are the worst I've ever seen in Madison's long history. I'd rather they go back ot the classic look they had circa 2003. Maybe they'll grow on me as the season progresses, but right now I detest them.

Edited by dciguy01

Nothing against the Men of Madison, but I think that uniform is absolutly hideous. A serious downgrade from last year. And I didn't think it could get much worse. Can we please get the superman suits back?

I've always committed to refraining from saying anything negative about a uniform based on a picture because I believe one has to see it on the field to fully appreciate it. However, I have to break my rule on this one; I absolutely hate this uniform. The multiple colors of green on the top look completely dated and have a 70's feel. I suppose I should be happy it’s not tie dyed. Wow, what a disappointment. I will be the first to chime in and eat my words if somehow they miraculously look great from the stands, but I think they really missed the mark on this one... big time. I’m dumbfounded. :lol: