Drum Corps World Cup Uniforms

If Zingali were straight and stayed in Revere. . . oh, no Nancy!!

Zingali's gay?

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here a little Germany action. Comments and critique are welcome.

germany.jpg

Great, but I'd put the bird on the shako too.

Well...not since 1992....RIP George.

Aww, man. I'm sorry. I love his work. He's reall the only drill writer I know of, but he's a legend.

WWAAAYYYY to much black. If the uniform was white instead of black THEN we have the Japanese uniform.

You must've missed the revision...

japan2.jpg

I also suggested maybe making the top of the shako dark blue as well as the bill/visor instead of an all white (except for the rising sun) shako. A dark plume would be nice as well.

Sorry, the Holland HS marching band of Holland, Michigan used the marching in wooden shoes idea first.

wow, I graduated from this high school and I must say that I NEVER would have thought the name of my band would be seen on a drum corps website haha, let alone pictures. madscout are you from the area??

Funny story:

we have a festival in holland called 'tulip time' and we have alot of parades, one was on saturday, and I was marchign div 3 at this time. After the saturday parade i booked it to my corps camp, and i thought it would be funny to wear my wooden shoes. I got to the school and the hornline was rehearsing in some classroom, i didnt make any announcement, i just walked into my spot in arc w/ my wooden shoes on and started to play. our brass caption head stopped us and said i think the exact words were, "WHAT THE HELL???!!" (if the curse monitor catches that word, its the H word, not the F word). rest of the hornline got a kick out of it.

My feet ache just looking at that...

its actually not so bad, granted we dont 'march' we just kinda klomp around, and we only wore the wooden shoes in parades, not the 'field show'. as someone said we did wear about 4-5 pairs of socks and they are not bad at all. except my junior year (my first yr at that high school) when i got too small of a size and some wood was digging into one of my foot bones, THAT hurt.

btw, these uniforms look awesome!

Edited by JHughesSUTA

wow, I graduated from this high school and I must say that I NEVER would have thought the name of my band would be seen on a drum corps website haha, let alone pictures. madscout are you from the area??

I'm from the Detroit area, and then I went to WMU and was in the Bronco Marching Band, and although I don't think I knew anyone who was in the band at Holland I must have heard people talk about them a few times.

The United States:

us.jpg

Look for UK, Italy, and France in the coming days to finish this out.

The United States:

us.jpg

Look for UK, Italy, and France in the coming days to finish this out.

Ehh...good; but I was hoping for something a little more...West Pointish. Anyway, nice use of drop sash and the gauntlents are very 27th Lancers circa 1980.