Drumline Colors

And Worst Sticks! I dislike Promark. Next thing you know they are going to switch to Aquarian heads and Wuhan Cymbals

Love the Aquarian Studio X heads for my kit. I'm with you on Wuhan though.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have a good pair of old reliable Pro Mark DC10s. Love those sticks. I use Pro Mark exclusively for drumset - 5b hickory. Love 'em. I am partial to Vic Firth for rudimental work.

Go Rob Carson and the original DC10's. I have four pair and I'M a horn player. I like the shortness and control of the sticks. The only other "drum corps" sticks I loved were the S-1's that McCormick put out and was developed for Cavies back in the day. I had a pair of those too until they disappeared on the bus at 71 U.S. Open. I have a couple of pair of Vic Firth Tom Aungst Corpmasters that remind me of the S-1's.

And Worst Sticks! I dislike Promark. Next thing you know they are going to switch to Aquarian heads and Wuhan Cymbals

Too bad the Devs love the new Pro Marks.

They say they're a lot like the Vic Firth ScoJo's only thicker and heavier, with a better feel and sound.

So yeah Pro Mark has definitely stepped it up.

Still, It's too bad the best drumline in the world had to settle for the 4th best drums manufactured.
I think you need to take another look at Dynasty because this could not be further from the truth.
Wuhan makes some of the best China's on the market so I don't see that as being a bad thing at all!

I'm the same. I love Pro-Mark on set, but dislike their marching stuff. Vic Firth for marching just can't be beat.

Funny thing, I've gotten nothing but crap from Vic Firth for the last year. I love their sticks, I've always thought they couldn't be beat, but as of late I can't find a single pair where the sticks are anywhere near each other in pitch. Hell, I've even come across some pairs where one side of the same stick is a different pitch than the other side. One stick making a minor chord on its own = :w00t:

Anyone else experienced this slippage in Vic's quality?

Funny thing, I've gotten nothing but crap from Vic Firth for the last year. I love their sticks, I've always thought they couldn't be beat, but as of late I can't find a single pair where the sticks are anywhere near each other in pitch. Hell, I've even come across some pairs where one side of the same stick is a different pitch than the other side. One stick making a minor chord on its own = :blink:

Anyone else experienced this slippage in Vic's quality?

I guess not!

Could be these.

north-drum-spirit-81.jpg

Which installment of Spirit of Atlanta is that?

Perhaps 1981?