With One Day Before the First Show

Sorry, but there is only one Regiment

What a tacky statement

Capital Regiment

7th Regiment

River City Regiment

I would say these corps all have more class than Phantom Regiment, especially after statments like the one quoted above.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a tacky statement

Capital Regiment

7th Regiment

River City Regiment

I would say these corps all have more class than Phantom Regiment, especially after statments like the one quoted above.

What did Phantom Regiment ever do to you?

Making snide comments about other corps, comments like the one above saying there is only one Regiment. I don't appreciate not acknowledging all the other corps with Regiment in the title.

Souvie people making rude comments about other corps. Also making fun of sexual orientation of other members of other corps.

Pretty rude, obnoxious, people involved there. Big reason I haven't spend a dime there since 05. I was hoping to end that this year, but with comments like Rapheal 18, I guess they won't see another cent this year either.

Go River City, 7th, Capital, Lake Eerie, and everyone else with Regiment in their name!!!!

What a tacky statement

Capital Regiment

7th Regiment

River City Regiment

Agreed.

I hope PR has a good season, but if I was betting money I'd be cautious to even put them in second again.

Making snide comments about other corps, comments like the one above saying there is only one Regiment. I don't appreciate not acknowledging all the other corps with Regiment in the title.

Souvie people making rude comments about other corps. Also making fun of sexual orientation of other members of other corps.

Pretty rude, obnoxious, people involved there. Big reason I haven't spend a dime there since 05. I was hoping to end that this year, but with comments like Rapheal 18, I guess they won't see another cent this year either.

Go River City, 7th, Capital, Lake Eerie, and everyone else with Regiment in their name!!!!

Coming from PR, I know for a fact that we do not believe "we are the only or the true regiment."

Saying that other corps have more class than other corps WITHOUT really knowing that organization is offensive. I support fully all the Regiment corps along everyone else. Good luck to all the corps this year...rock out!

Making assumptions about an entire organization, and by extension its members, support staff, alumni, and fans by the actions and/or comments of a few is not only tacky, but shows the lack of perspective that makes me suspect that you've got more than just a little axe to grind. If your ears and eyes were open, you would find examples of bad behaviour among the people involved in EVERY corps. It's an unfortunate reality of life and drum corps.

But please, don't let that stop you from grinding that axe.

an_axe_to_grind-1.jpg

Um, I addressed the claim that it was a "subpar visual program" that was keeping them from winning the championship, when it clearly was something else. Simply saying "well they haven't won" doesn't make any point at all; it still has nothing to do with their visual program (seeing as they won GE vis last year). When I start arguing along the lines of "what will it take for people to stop claiming Regiment can't win," then you can make your last post again, and it will actually make sense, rather than just being a bait and switch. :ph34r:
Greg made a reasonable statement of fact. You asked what it would take for people to stop talking about how PR has no visual or a sub-par visual program. My answer: it will take consistency and a championship.

Hope that clears things up for you.

If visual was the thing that was going to get Regiment a championship then they would have at least 4 rings already. Regiment has over the history of DCI been one of the strongest visual corps out there. We have multiple visual titles. It wasn't that long ago that Regiment was one of the premier corps for visual. I believe that Regiment has won the visual trophy more times than Cavaliers. I might be wrong on that but it is close if it is wrong.

First, the tone of my comment was not meant to be malicious or arrogant - just stating it the way I see it. (No one gets mad when we refer to SCV as "Vanguard" - the Des Plaines Vanguard alumns probably don't appreciate that much).

Second, my comments absolutely should not reflect on the organization as a whole - I don't claim to speak for them, nor do I wish to. If you are willing to hold things I say (someone who has not step foot on the field as a performer since 03), then you are just searching for a scapegoat - and nothing I can say will stop you. At this point, my participation is limited to exceedingly low level booster - being mad at the organization because of something I said is like hating a Professional sports team because of something a fan in a sports bar said. Must be nice up there on your soapbox.

I said nothing disparaging about those other corps - but when someone says "Regiment" they are almost always referring to PR. Did I mention the classiness of any organization? Are you going to assume that I don't respect the efforts of div 2/3 because I marched in div 1? Look at my profile, I spent two great seasons sweating it out in div 3, and have nothing but respect for those guys.

Call me nuts, but to the best of my knowledge Capital Regiment was referred to as "Cap Reg" from 2000-2005 with rare exception by everyone.

I will not apologize for what I said - because that's how I see it. If you want to hold my personal opinion against an organization I haven't performed with for over 3 seasons now - well, that's your loss.

Sorry for hijacking the thread - back to your regularly scheduled program

Edited by raphael18

What a tacky statement

Capital Regiment

7th Regiment

River City Regiment

capital regiment used to call themselves "the REAL regiment" a couple of years ago...

big deal.

Edited by corpsismylife