Will Crown add the narration back into their show?

OK...So maybe its not a crutch...maybe its just a bad idea...not unlike this...

crash_boat_jeep.jpg

either way I'm on record as opposing the use of narration if its decided before the season and submitted as a poem by someone to make everyone feel good doesn't make it any better IMHO.

Edited by GlassFan

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it seems that the narration will officially be used throughout the closer. Luckily, I am well on my way on a summer campaign in which I will do everything in my power to try to ensure that the narration be removed from the show.

First, a friend and I have constructed a banner that reads

CAROLINA CROWN:

YOUR SHOW IS

GLORIOUS, SPEC-

TACULAR, AND

BEAUTIFUL,

NO NARRATION

NECESSARY

on 16 by 7 sheets of paper, which we will be waving during Saturday night's Atlanta Brass Classic. Hopefully the performers will be able to notice the message and realize that there is a serious issue and possibly relay it to the staff members. Also, one year Crown performers were in the stands after the show. If this is the case this year, we will show the banner to them and ask those who support our endeavor to sign it, then give it to one of them to take back with them on tour.

Wow. Although I'm against narration, I think that you may actually drive me to support it with this kind of action. I hope you wouldn't disrupt others as they try and enjoy the show. Also, good luck on getting the members' signatures - that should be an interesting encounter.

I'm guessing you havent been reading much lately, as this issue has been beaten to death. Narration is only a crutch if it is added after the fact, or because the marching and playing couldnt get the idea across.

I don't see why it has to have been added after the fact in order to be a crutch. Just because it was part of the idea from the beginning doesn't make it less of a crutch, if you ask me. If you can't get the idea across with music and movement ...

Luckily, I am well on my way on a summer campaign in which I will do everything in my power to try to ensure that the narration be removed from the show.

Really??? EVERYTHING in your power?????

Are you going to storm the field and steal the mics?? Are you and your friends going to stage a sit-in in the tunnel to prevent Crown from taking the field?

No, of course not. What you are going to do is complain on these boards a lot and hold up some signs a little.

That's not "everything in your power" -- that's "the couple of safe, anonymous things you can muster up the guts to do"

I liked Hrothgar's postings, but its so hard to tell, is the guy truly serious? wow, the world may never know! like licking a tootsie pop, hmm that sounds bad...

anyway I want to see this narrarated show.

"the corps will now start playing by blowing on horns and beating on drums"

*corps starts show*

"the corps will now walk around the field and create shapes and forms together"

*corps does some drill*

"the guard will now toss some stuff into the air, somebody might not catch it, if they all catch it then yell really loud"

*guard tosses stuff, somebody drops*

"the corps will now walk really really fast and look really goofy trying to run with instruments"

*corps tries to outdo what cadets started in '82*

"this is called a drum break, just the drummers play because they need to express their egos and be heros"

*drumline does their thing and acts all cocky*

"this is the end of the show, the corps will now play something to make you stand up, or not"

*corps plays an ending, builds some anticipation but doesnt quite reach the climax your soul needed*

"see you next year, next year we will be better"

*fan yells, "because there wont be any more narration"*

am I serious? yes, this is the biggest goal of my life to have this show performed by um... Santa Clara and have them can that rubbish they are winning with now. please yell at me for having this true and noble ambition.

Edited by BeinGreen

First, a friend and I have constructed a banner that reads

CAROLINA CROWN:

YOUR SHOW IS

GLORIOUS, SPEC-

TACULAR, AND

BEAUTIFUL,

NO NARRATION

NECESSARY

If you love the activity as much as you say you do, don't ruin an/this upcoming show for someone else (who may love it more) by being an anti-narration evangelist.

JMO, but the Carolina Crown has one of the sweetest sounding hornlines in DCI. To distract attention from it with some DJ wannabe would be counter-productive, or if you want to take the hard line.....competitive suicide.

JMO, but the Carolina Crown has one of the sweetest sounding hornlines in DCI. To distract attention from it with some DJ wannabe would be counter-productive, or if you want to take the hard line.....competitive suicide.

Yes, and the fact that there will be talking OVER the brass and percussion parts throughout William Tell is devastating.

Yeah, its really killing The Cadets competitively right now.